Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping tools

Shipping tools

Old Sep 29th 2014, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Leeisaac1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping tools

Hi guys I need some help, moving to calgary next month as an electrician and want to ship my tool box out there, I'd like it to be packaged correctly not to damage them. Anybody had any experience with this.

Thanks

Lee
Old Sep 29th 2014, 2:32 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping tools

Originally Posted by Leeisaac1
Hi guys I need some help, moving to calgary next month as an electrician and want to ship my tool box out there, I'd like it to be packaged correctly not to damage them. Anybody had any experience with this.

Thanks

Lee
Keep a list of items, values and country of manufacture, work tools are subject to duty and sales tax on import.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 10:26 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leeisaac1

Thanks

Lee
I believe OH just wrapped his big mechanics tool boxes in cardboard and taped them, so long ago I can't remember. I also think we put them on the list as tools and tool boxes, certainly didn't itemise them as too many to list.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Leeisaac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've spoken to companies like UPS FedEx and they can just ship it out in a matter of days, just a bit worried about the packaging that's all.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

nizblake is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lee, can you tell me more about your move, me and my partner are wanting to go to canada, he is a electrician he was doing the work unqualified for years but is now in his 3rd year of getting his qualification after that we will try to go to canada, how did you find a job and is the pay good etc and what made you choose calgary? it seems a popular place to most brits on this site. i would appreciate as much information as possible to help us planning the process. Thank you
Old Sep 30th 2014, 4:00 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Calgary is close to the mountains and has employment opportunities, many people find it more attractive than Edmonton.