Reload this Page >

Shipping Tools

Shipping Tools

Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

ste1070 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Tools

Hi,

Am going over to BC week after next on PNP TWP as an electrician. I am planning on taking a small tool box and a couple of testers/multimeters.

What is procedure re customs?? Do I have to fill a form out detailing every screwdriver etc with a value? Am I gonna get hammered for tax?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Tools

Originally Posted by ste1070
Hi,

Am going over to BC week after next on PNP TWP as an electrician. I am planning on taking a small tool box and a couple of testers/multimeters.

What is procedure re customs?? Do I have to fill a form out detailing every screwdriver etc with a value? Am I gonna get hammered for tax?
If you are honest and report them as tools of the trade, you'll be assessed for tax and duty. Good idea to get an idea of value and country of manufacture before you arrive. Report the customs officer at port of entry and they will tell you what to do.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Will your testers etc., work on 110?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Irisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant future

Yea they will indeed they work on all ac/dc voltages up to 1000v. i never even taught of having to pay tax's what a load of shite

Last edited by Irisheye; Apr 4th 2013 at 8:13 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:03 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irisheye
Yea they will indeed they work on all ac/dc voltages up to 1000v. i never even taught of having to pay tax's what a load of shite
I have figured out a way to save paying tax in Canada - Don't come.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Irisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant future

Sadly canada needs me they come to my country and offer us great wages if i had the work here i would not be going but sadly that's not the case
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

That even sounds Irish
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Well i am irish and darn proud of it to so thanks
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:53 am

Sadly canada needs me they come to my country and offer us great wages if i had the work here i would not be going but sadly that's not the case
So why complain about paying the taxes? It seems you need Canada more than Canada needs you, or you would be staying in Ireland. Does not sound like you are coming here for the benefit of Canada.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Not really there's always new zealand,Australia private contract work in the middle east and so on canada's merly for handy reasons as i can get there in under 10 hours if there was anywhere within in the same distance that offered the same money i would go there but sadly there aint. so its gonna be a case of get in make the money get out
Old Apr 5th 2013, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Welsh Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Irisheye, have you applied with AIT yet? Or are you not going to bother to take the Red Seal exam.

Last edited by Welsh Sparky; Apr 5th 2013 at 11:30 am.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

No haven't applied yet should i have? i understand the waits up to 3 months but the company i am going with said that wont be a problem so i will apply when i get over
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

It just takes ages. It took them 6 weeks to contact my employer.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

yea but if ya have work in the mean time does it really matter? like it only really sucks for the dudes at home waiting on them results to come through for there lmo's but since i will already be in canada working and geting payed it wont bother me i have heard the whole process can take up to 4 months
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

yea but if ya have work in the mean time does it really matter? like it only really sucks for the dudes at home waiting on them results to come through for there lmo's but since i will already be in canada working and geting payed it wont bother me i have heard the whole process can take up to 4 months
I've been offered 3 job's but I'm one of 'those' who have to wait for the result so I can get a start date. You working in the oil and gas industry?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.