Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping toiletries

Shipping toiletries

Old Jul 14th 2013, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

sandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping toiletries

Shipping household goods has got complicated. Toiletries are not restricted but aerosols are. That's because many of the contents are now classified as dangerous goods or Hazmat. There is a list of restricted items on various web sites. See UPS, DHL, FedEx and others. All have links to the IATA web site that contains the full list.
Shipping by air is different than by ship. However, some of the regulations are the same. For instance, Lithium batteries are classified as dangerous goods. These are the same batteries that power all our electronic devices such as iPads, iPods, camera's, cell phones etc.
We have all heard of the problems with the batteries in some Boeing aircraft. This is not a new regulation but, in light of recent events, shippers are being very picky.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's all my goods (about 450 cubic feet) away with White and Co of Dunfermline. to their depot.
I can certainly recommend them as they arrived on time, 2 young lads and their gaffer, and over the next 4 hours packed my items with great care and minimum fuss, a totally stress free affair for me. I explained I am in no hurry to get the items to Canada as they will have to go into storage there until I find my own place eventually (staying with daughter till then). However I am not looking forward to unpacking them at a future date and will have about 50 empty boxes to get rid of!
Old Jul 15th 2013, 4:42 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Granma Nessie
Hi everyone, my shippers are coming on Monday for my goods and chattels. Can I just ask if anyone had a problem including toiletries like shampoo, perfume etc in with their items?
Like FL says, be careful they might freeze, I had that problem. Then they burst and then defrost as the removal men bring them in.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Like FL says, be careful they might freeze, I had that problem. Then they burst and then defrost as the removal men bring them in.
I should be ok as they should arrive by end of September before the big freeze comes
Old Jul 15th 2013, 6:45 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Well that's all my goods (about 450 cubic feet) away with White and Co of Dunfermline. to their depot.
I can certainly recommend them as they arrived on time, 2 young lads and their gaffer, and over the next 4 hours packed my items with great care and minimum fuss, a totally stress free affair for me. I explained I am in no hurry to get the items to Canada as they will have to go into storage there until I find my own place eventually (staying with daughter till then). However I am not looking forward to unpacking them at a future date and will have about 50 empty boxes to get rid of!
we used Whites out of Forres and they were top notch

had 99 boxes and 1 car

amazingly all boxes were used up for odds & sods in couple of years
- fort for kids in basement, some for storage etc
Old Jul 15th 2013, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
we used Whites out of Forres and they were top notch

had 99 boxes and 1 car

amazingly all boxes were used up for odds & sods in couple of years
- fort for kids in basement, some for storage etc
Npw there's a good idea, if I can't afford a house I can always use the empty boxes to construct a cardboard castle!

By the way can anyone tell me where I go to release the goods from customs when they.. arrive in Toronto (coming via sea route)?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Npw there's a good idea, if I can't afford a house I can always use the empty boxes to construct a cardboard castle!

By the way can anyone tell me where I go to release the goods from customs when they.. arrive in Toronto (coming via sea route)?
Where are you in Canada. If in Toronto I believe the office is on Front St Toronto.
1 Front Street West,
P.O. Box 10, Station A,
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 2X6
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...1-e.html#d1331
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Where are you in Canada. If in Toronto I believe the office is on Front St Toronto.
1 Front Street West,
P.O. Box 10, Station A,
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 2X6
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...1-e.html#d1331
Thanks Former Lancastrian, yes I will be staying in Georgetown which is half an hour away from Toronto so that's not too far to travel