Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping timescale

Shipping timescale

Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:37 pm
It sure is a long road...

brummie_babe has a spectacular aura aboutbrummie_babe has a spectacular aura aboutbrummie_babe has a spectacular aura about
Default Shipping timescale

Feb 12th - 200 cubic square ft (43boxes) Packed and collected by Allied Pickfords

March 31st - Shipment arrived in Canada

April 7th - My family and I landed

April 13th - Goods delivered and unpacked by Taylors International (sister company to Allied Pickfords)

Outstanding service on both sides. No breakages either!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:17 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping timescale

That sounds good - where about in Canada are you? We are taking a 40' container and being quoted anything between 6 - 10 weeks to Vancouver Island.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:23 pm
It sure is a long road...

brummie_babe has a spectacular aura aboutbrummie_babe has a spectacular aura aboutbrummie_babe has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gloveman
That sounds good - where about in Canada are you? We are taking a 40' container and being quoted anything between 6 - 10 weeks to Vancouver Island.
I'm in Brampton Ontario (for now), I was also quoted between 6-12 weeks, although they did make a note of the date I was due to arrive.
Counting my blessings that the shipment arrived before me and that I did not have to pay any additional costs.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

BC Hopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point

Gloveman, Who are you using and what are they charging you for a 40' container? The best price we can find is £7300 from Sussex to Northern BC
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Nancy A Bridson is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Shipping timescale

I think ours took about 8 weeks but the problem was before it crossed the Atlantic. It came across Canada by train and I believe you can watch the progress through the Internet ( at least my daughter's partner kept us posted as to the progress.
It's lovely here on Vancouver Island even though this Winter has ben long and wet.
Hope you are very happy here. Don't hesitate to ask if there is anything you would like to know or if we can send you any details etc.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by BC Hopefuls
Gloveman, Who are you using and what are they charging you for a 40' container? The best price we can find is £7300 from Sussex to Northern BC
I'll let you i know as soon as we have had all the quotes back. Even though we are going over to the Island as well and taking two motocrossers with us the quotes we have had so far are less than £7300. Will be in touch soon.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Nancy A Bridson
I think ours took about 8 weeks but the problem was before it crossed the Atlantic. It came across Canada by train and I believe you can watch the progress through the Internet ( at least my daughter's partner kept us posted as to the progress.
It's lovely here on Vancouver Island even though this Winter has ben long and wet.
Hope you are very happy here. Don't hesitate to ask if there is anything you would like to know or if we can send you any details etc.
Hi Nancy - whereabouts on the Island are you? Angela
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Nancy A Bridson is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Shipping timescale

Hi Nancy - whereabouts on the Island are you? Angela
Sorry for the delay. I forgot my Password!!! Too many to remember for us oldies!!
We live in Dean Park which is above the Victoria Airport and close to Sidney for ferries etc. Love it here cos of the wonderful views of mountains and the ocean.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:38 am
Starting over ..

bad.andy is on a distinguished road

Ours only took 4 weeks, ask Ellsie who we used , I have no idea - that's true of many things ....

bad.andy
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:14 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

We used the International Moving Co 01509 632850 with branches around England. They appeared in the livery of GB liners and our stuff was here in 4 weeks. They were polite and careful and I would use them again. We paid just under £7000 for a door to door 40' container in Oct last year. Leics to Campbell River on VI We kept the cost down by packing some boxes ahead which was fine with them.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:54 am

We've just got quotes and GB liners were nearly £2000 dearer than the company we have gone for! And GB Liners quoted 8 weeks to get there.

Last edited by gloveman; Apr 17th 2007 at 9:56 am.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Nancy A Bridson
Sorry for the delay. I forgot my Password!!! Too many to remember for us oldies!!
We live in Dean Park which is above the Victoria Airport and close to Sidney for ferries etc. Love it here cos of the wonderful views of mountains and the ocean.
Not many places that aren't nice really though are there??
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:29 am
Account Closed

We've just got quotes and GB liners were nearly £2000 dearer than the company we have gone for! And GB Liners quoted 8 weeks to get there.
Who have you decided to go with and what are they charging you?
Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by BC Hopefuls
Who have you decided to go with and what are they charging you?
Thanks
We have gone with White and Co for about £5300 for a 40' container.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:46 am
Account Closed

We have gone with White and Co for about £5300 for a 40' container.
Wow!! that's really good. I'll give them a ring now. Is there any reason why they are so much cheaper than £7000+ everyone else is quoting? We have packed up everyting ourselves so no packing required. We are shipping 4 motorbikes & an old van which is why we need the 40'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.