Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping Timeframe

Shipping Timeframe

Old Jun 18th 2011, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default Shipping Timeframe

Hi all,
I know there have been lots of posts about shipping on this forum but my question is does anyone have a good company they could recommend who ships from Ireland in less than 10 - 18 weeks time frame. Is there anyone who ships faster than that? We have been quoted by McGimpseys and The Removal Group.com and just seems a long time to have to wait for the stuff to arrive. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Formerly of nr Kinross, Scotland, now Burlington, ON!
furries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping Timeframe

Hey up ... part load or full load? And where too? I would have thought that there would be plenty that would offer quicker than that ... especially if you have a sole use container! We are using Pickfords from Scotland and they reckon 4 -5 weeks ... I am using advice on other threads here when I expect that this may take closer to double this timescale in reality ... but 18+ weeks does sound a little long?
Old Jun 18th 2011, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Hi, its based on shared groupage consignment, yes, can't possibly wait up to 18 weeks for stuff. I will have to try find some other companies to quote me with better timescale. Thx.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:12 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I definitely think it is the groupage issue that is causing the delay on this one.
I would go for the most popular company you can find, as the more popular they are, the more likely it will be that they will fill a container faster and be ready to ship sooner. All you can do is shop around, I'm afraid.
Groupage is like that - very dependent on everyone else!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Yes, thanks for the advice, just got quote from Pickfords also and they said time frame of 11-14 weeks, so a little better than the others but still too long to wait for hubbys tools to arrive. Oh well, looks like Im gonna have to fly the tools which is probably gonna cost a fortune but still cheaper than having to buy them all new in Canada. Thx everyone for advice. Good luck.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Location: Formerly of nr Kinross, Scotland, now Burlington, ON!
furries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to all

If they had been in scotland, and you in the TO area, and not taking up a huge amount of room then I would have offered to ship them in our container which should be on its way soonish! sorry!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Such a nice gesture, yes, pity that was not an option but hopefully we will get this sorted out soon. Just got off phone to Pickfords and they said best option is to fly the tools out in boxes with our stuff. Hope they are right, cos few posts on here saying if you are a tradesman there are tax implications involved in doing this, but others saying they had no problems. Thx for the advice. Good luck with your move. Linda.