Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

shipping questions

shipping questions

Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute
Default shipping questions

just to move on a bit,

have some companies I'm looking at getting quotes for.

I've managed to work out how many crates and the cu-cc
(in my case 85 cu ft), I've pre-packed it just need to go door to door

already filled that b15 form in and stamped by customs from my first landing

now, what do you guys recommend, in each crate, put an itemisation and just on out side label up as Box 1 of 11 etc. ? Full address etc ?

anyone had any quotes, kinda wondering what I'm looking at

chars
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping questions

Originally Posted by jaye944
just to move on a bit,

now, what do you guys recommend, in each crate, put an itemisation and just on out side label up as Box 1 of 11 etc. ? Full address etc ?

chars
Hi Jaye,

You'll find lots of threads on shipping costs/quote if you do a quick search of the forum, and also there is info in the Wiki which may be useful.

I'll move this thread in to the main Canada forum as this forum is only for immigration related questions i.e. visa/legal type stuff, and hopefully you'll also get more responses that way.

Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

okily,

thankxs for dat

appreciated

j

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Jaye,

You'll find lots of threads on shipping costs/quote if you do a quick search of the forum, and also there is info in the Wiki which may be useful.

I'll move this thread in to the main Canada forum as this forum is only for immigration related questions i.e. visa/legal type stuff, and hopefully you'll also get more responses that way.

Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever you use....avoid Bishops Move!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:17 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

www.brytor.ca

Couldnt fault them they were excellent.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

hi guy's,

OK here's so far.

did a scattergun approach to quotes and got some feedback

1> 1st Move International:
Have quoted me, but looking on the net theyve had some complaints

Rate is based on a final packed volume of: (85 cubic ft)
Rate is based on shipping to depot in: Toronto
Collection of goods and protective packing to pallets £ 165.00
Shipping costs at a rate per cubic metre of: £188.00 £ 470.00
Export Documentation £ 35.00
Total £ 670.00

2> Robinson's
Have quoted me, but no complaints that I can see

Moving Costs £ 549.39
Total Insured Value:£ 0
Voluntary Excess £ 200
Insurance Premium: £ 3% of value declared
Total charges payable = £ 580.89 plus insurance premium

3> EVL
Have confirmed my online quotation and thats it !

So the prices to me is not an issue, its that it gets there not lost/stolen/ damaged etc.

They will be all crated and packed by me, so just needs picking up. and dropping off at my door there. DONT even need it unpacking.

so anyone, offer any advise over the 3 above
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

thankxs

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
www.brytor.ca

Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

thankxs
Hi,

Try PSS removal. They advertise here on BE.

Best of luck
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

silly question or Im miising the point tere in Canada, I'm in UK
mind you there office is in Mississauga which is where Im staying

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
www.brytor.ca

Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:06 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

silly question or Im miising the point tere in Canada, I'm in UK
mind you there office is in Mississauga which is where Im staying
No your not missing the point. We moved from the UK, we wanted to be able to liase with the people who would be moving us into our new home in Canada. We thought it would be better if our contract was with a canadian company not a Uk one. Once you leave the Uk then its a hassle contacting people and if things werent right, would they really care as we had left the country. - I dont know, it worked for us.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

just to move on a bit,

chars
Hi I am returning to the uk, and have found a company AAA overseas Freight Corporation, they have by far come in the cheapest, although it is a self load container. Now for a 20ft container it came in at $3000 cdn port to port, our port is N. Ireland so I assume the uk would be cheaper, 40ft container is $4500, which we have decided to take as we will take our car home with us (we are looking to spending time in spain so the left hand drive should be ok). Maybe if you email the company they probably have agents in the uk that may give you a quote. I am in the process of doing some research to see if anyone has used this company, and their opinions if they have, so I will let you know if I find anything out. Good luck
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

hi all,
got all my quotes in in order hi to low

Brytor (converted to uk£)
Shipping = £855
Insurance $2.50/$100= £2633
Total = £3488

PSS
Shipping = £1025
Insurance = 5% £500
Total = £1525

1st Move
Shipping = £670
Insurance = 4% + 5% pre. ins. tax £420
Total = £1090

Robinsons
Shipping = £580
Insurance 3% = £300
Total = £880
Old Jun 11th 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

and apprently insurance isnt valid for loss or breakages if they dont pack it themselves

Which I kinda see

so..... why am I paying for insurance again ?

Jaye's stress level on a range of 1-10 (10 highest)
is about 10.5 at the moment
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

I'm looking now at AP,
had some good reviews and a few bad ones.

I think, no matter who you use, you will get good and bad reviews

also I think you have to consider about bad reviews... not unknown for competitors to do sneaky things

the company I work for, for example (not related to moving)
has had some major complaints and we've also had some fantastic recommendations

I think trusting in a power bigger than yourself, usally goes a long way.
<><

I might look at sending some items by a courier at least that kinda breaks up the risks

anyway

any last thoughts ???
Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Default now I've gone and done it :(

booked with AP................

<GULPS>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.