Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping Query

Wikiposts

Shipping Query

Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Shipping Query

Hi
The time has arrived now for the shipping agency (doree bonner) to come and get our things.

They sent me a customs form - which is the same form and list that you make when you land - Goods to follow. When I told them this they have asked me to supply them with the original.

As anyone landed come back to return at a later date and ship things - and those who did can you remember if you gave them the original which has stamps signatures and labels on ? or did you supply them a photocopy ?

Thanks

JET
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

carolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping Query

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Doree Bonner. They are high on our list of shippers to use. What made you choose them over the rest.
GTF list - I think we still have the original from our landing last year.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

marimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nice

We sent our moving company a scanned copy - they cleared customs with that, so that seemed to work! We still have the original.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

thanks, they will get a photocopy which I will send today.

JET
Old Aug 7th 2010, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

on this note - our stuff is in storage in UK (with their own list), but we made up a goods to follow list prior to landing from memory , as we have accidentally filed the packer's list somewhere, um, logical.

We're about to book our shipping (quote done, but we're over a barrel as it's being stored by the company that did the removal) and we're kind of hoping that their packing lists match our goods to follow list more-or-less ...

Can I get away with the goods to follow list for customs (scanned as suggested) attached to their original packing lists (which I still can't find but they obviously have...)

or am I destined to spend months in Customs trying to explain we lost the original packing paperwork and didn't mean to leave off the twenty cubic metres of blah that they are about to bill me for?
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am sure that customs will be ok,as long as you have the original and it is close to what arrives.

I, like many others, have estimated the number of boxes of books for example. I doubled the figure we got to just to be on the safe side.

Also we have a rental lined up which is not the address we gave at the time. Therefore I will make sure the shippers are clear on this.

You have tied yourself up a bit, but sometimes if your house sells and you have things in storage there is not a lot you can do. I have given up on worrying now.......our things won't arrive unti8l 2 weeks after.....so we will be on airbeds for 2 weeks in a empty house....just like camping

JET
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

it's been in storage for a year as we weren't sure we would get PR whilst we were here, but did...

enjoy your camping! nearly there!