Reload this Page >

Shipping my Labrador from uk to Vancouver

Shipping my Labrador from uk to Vancouver

Old Aug 24th 2014, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Lucy83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping my Labrador from uk to Vancouver

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company that could fly my Labrador over to join us in BC? I have read lots of threads but they all seem fairly old.
I have looked up crates and she has all the relevant vaccines and I intend to get her paper work sorted next week. As I am already in BC I'm finding it difficult to get through to uk call centres ie aircanada. I have spent the last few days getting increasingly frustrated listening to automated recordings!
Any advice would be great, or just to know it is possible without costing £5000! (Previous quote from airpets)
Old Aug 24th 2014, 7:29 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping my Labrador from uk to Vancouver

Originally Posted by Lucy83
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company that could fly my Labrador over to join us in BC? I have read lots of threads but they all seem fairly old.
I have looked up crates and she has all the relevant vaccines and I intend to get her paper work sorted next week. As I am already in BC I'm finding it difficult to get through to uk call centres ie aircanada. I have spent the last few days getting increasingly frustrated listening to automated recordings!
Any advice would be great, or just to know it is possible without costing £5000! (Previous quote from airpets)
Hello and welcome to BE!

Do you want to fly your dog out unaccompanied? Do you have anyone who could take your dog to the airport rather than using a pet carrier company (which will be very expensive)?

Have you tried Air Transat? They would be cheaper than Air Canada if you have someone to take the dog to the airport.

Flying With Pets and Airline-Approved Pet Carriers | Air Transat

There have been a couple of recent threads/posts about transporting dogs/pets, http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...dog-us-835102/
http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...monton-841464/ and there is also a wiki article you might find useful.

Transporting Pets-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Shipping my Labrador from uk to Vancouver

Thank you for your help. Yes She will be travelling unaccompanied. I have someone back in England willing to take her to the airport.
Thanks for the links, I will have a gander now
Old Aug 24th 2014, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

It might actually be cheaper for you to fly to the UK and bring the dog back with you...

Air Transat will be the cheapest accompanied.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

The air transat prices are definitely the best I have seen so far. Will they not except her unless someone travels with her?
Ok one more question that may seem really thick but I can not get through to this number air transat provide 00800-28 38 76 73
I am calling from a uk phone in Canada and have tried putting the +44 in front but I just keep getting the number is wrong message!
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucy83
The air transat prices are definitely the best I have seen so far. Will they not except her unless someone travels with her?
Ok one more question that may seem really thick but I can not get through to this number air transat provide 00800-28 38 76 73
I am calling from a uk phone in Canada and have tried putting the +44 in front but I just keep getting the number is wrong message!
Call the Canada number instead and talk to them? You would need to drop the first '0' to call the UK number. 011-44-0800 xxxx xxxx
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Call the Canada number instead and talk to them? You would need to drop the first '0' to call the UK number. 011-44-0800 xxxx xxxx
011 44 800 xxxx

You may need to find a geographical number for Air Transat and it may actually be better to call their Canadian office anyway, because you will end up calling that office eventually, because they handle all pet bookings in either direction.

Air Transat's UK geographical number appears to be 020 7616 9187 (so 011 44 2076169187)

Last edited by withabix; Aug 24th 2014 at 11:44 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by withabix
011 44 800 xxxx

You may need to find a geographical number for Air Transat and it may actually be better to call their Canadian office anyway, because you will end up calling that office eventually, because they handle all pet bookings in either direction.

Air Transat's UK geographical number appears to be 020 7616 9187 (so 011 44 2076169187)
You drop both '0's?

Yes, I have suggested they call the Canada office too for the same reason.

It would be the cargo department in the UK I believe?

Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

You drop both '0's?
No UK numbers start with two zeros, so the number must be wrong to start with.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 12:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for your help, it's very much appreciated.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

We flew a 60lb lab over with Skymaster at Manchester airport. They were great. Easy to deal with and sorted everything out for us.

Old Aug 26th 2014, 8:15 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

011 44 800 xxxx

You drop both '0's?

Yes, I have suggested they call the Canada office too for the same reason.

It would be the cargo department in the UK I believe?

No UK numbers start with two zeros, so the number must be wrong to start with.
00 800 (or more accurately +800) is an international freephone prefix, not a country-specific number. From Canada you'd need to dial 011 800 28 38 76 73 to reach that Air Transat call centre.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 8:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
00 800 (or more accurately +800) is an international freephone prefix, not a country-specific number. From Canada you'd need to dial 011 800 28 38 76 73 to reach that Air Transat call centre.

I'm glad somebody knows their stuff, lol.

Thanks