Reload this Page >

Shipping costs to winnipeg from london

Shipping costs to winnipeg from london

Old Dec 9th 2013, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Pete S will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping costs to winnipeg from london

Originally Posted by Stuart_1973
If it isn't rude Pete how much did it cost you??
Honestly, I can't remember Stuart. Best to give them a call and get them to come and give you a quote - it does not cost anything. They will calculate how much space you need and then recommend accordingly - we had a lot of stuff to shift so it could send you off at a complete tangent looking at other peoples prices.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 6:49 am
Just Joined

gibjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pete S
We moved out from UK (Northamptonshire) to Winnipeg in August 2013. We had a dedicated 40ft container. We did the entire move through PSS International. They packed, loaded, transported and then used their local contacts Globe in Winnipeg to bring the container to the house in Winnipeg, unload and unpack.

It took 3 weeks door to door. The entire process was seamless and totally painless.

We shipped pretty much everything we had, luckily ignoring the advice to sell everything and start again when we go here!
I would love to have my own container only I haven't the stuff to fill it. My employer will be covering the shipping costs and have confirmed I can use some of my allowance for purchasing replacement furniture locally in winnipeg because in some cases it's cheaper than shipping.

How are you finding living in winnipeg. Where abouts are you living?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gibjam
I would love to have my own container only I haven't the stuff to fill it. My employer will be covering the shipping costs and have confirmed I can use some of my allowance for purchasing replacement furniture locally in winnipeg because in some cases it's cheaper than shipping.

How are you finding living in Winnipeg. Where abouts are you living?
We are living in the Tuxedo area of the city which is really nice.

Unfortunately, we have arrived into a very hard belt of weather which is not helping the settling process. Currently its about -24 each day with wind chill warnings below -40. Luckily, we know enough people because we have been coming here for about 17 years to know its not normal at this time of the year. The norm is about -9 which is perfectly do-able. These temps re more expected in about a months time.

Anyway, aside from the weather we think its a nice city. Clearly its a very different way of life, but if you want the same old uk stuff 8000 miles away your going to be disappointed.

Early days for us having only arrived in August so I will be better able to take a vie won the place in about a year.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

We are living in the Tuxedo area of the city which is really nice.

Unfortunately, we have arrived into a very hard belt of weather which is not helping the settling process. Currently its about -24 each day with wind chill warnings below -40. Luckily, we know enough people because we have been coming here for about 17 years to know its not normal at this time of the year. The norm is about -9 which is perfectly do-able. These temps re more expected in about a months time.

Anyway, aside from the weather we think its a nice city. Clearly its a very different way of life, but if you want the same old uk stuff 8000 miles away your going to be disappointed.

Early days for us having only arrived in August so I will be better able to take a vie won the place in about a year.
Tuxedo was a very nice area. I am just looking for a place at the moment but likely to rent initially just to get a feel of the place.

I will be working on Tuxedo Ind. Park
Old Dec 10th 2013, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Tuxedo was a very nice area. I am just looking for a place at the moment but likely to rent initially just to get a feel of the place.

I will be working on Tuxedo Ind. Park
We are renting at present while we decide where to base ourselves. We have decided that we want to be in Tuxedo when we buy.

I would recommend looking on Kijiji for rentals, although beware of scam artists requiring a deposit. Its rife here. We ended up using a real estate agent to check out places, negotiate a deal and do all paperwork as I was not prepared to have a disaster with my family here.

Do you mind me asking, what type of business on Tuxedo in park?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

We are renting at present while we decide where to base ourselves. We have decided that we want to be in Tuxedo when we buy.

I would recommend looking on Kijiji for rentals, although beware of scam artists requiring a deposit. Its rife here. We ended up using a real estate agent to check out places, negotiate a deal and do all paperwork as I was not prepared to have a disaster with my family here.

Do you mind me asking, what type of business on Tuxedo in park?
I will be working for Graham Construction as an Estimator. I have been looking at Kijiji but it isn't any right move. Just seems to be an endless maze when trying to narrow the area. I have been looking south of the Assiniboine down to south point and St Vital. What are the rentals coming in at over in Tuxedo. I has trying to find something not exceeding 2k PCM, just until well get a free for the cost of living. Lower the better.

I met with a Realtor whilst in Winnipeg so may speak to him. It'll be me my wife a 2xbabies
Old Dec 10th 2013, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

I will be working for Graham Construction as an Estimator. I have been looking at Kijiji but it isn't any right move. Just seems to be an endless maze when trying to narrow the area. I have been looking south of the Assiniboine down to south point and St Vital. What are the rentals coming in at over in Tuxedo. I has trying to find something not exceeding 2k PCM, just until well get a free for the cost of living. Lower the better.

I met with a Realtor whilst in Winnipeg so may speak to him. It'll be me my wife a 2xbabies
Your right kijiji is no rightmove but for rental i have not found an alternative site. There is one for buying.

We are renting a place which I guess is 2400sq ft and its $2600pm.

The realtor thing is a hit and miss business as well. We spoke to one initially and they kept sending us details of places at $4k plus per month! It was obvious if we did not get someone who understood our needs and was on the ground to help us we would end up in an apart hotel at the airport for weeks on end.

We used a Company called Monopoly Realty on pembina highway. They came as a personal recomendation. They have a lady there whose job is basically to help people like me and you. They took us to see loads of houses, were incredibly patient and found us the right place. I cannot recommend them highly enough. We will also be using them to buy us a house come the spring.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Your right kijiji is no rightmove but for rental i have not found an alternative site. There is one for buying.

We are renting a place which I guess is 2400sq ft and its $2600pm.

The realtor thing is a hit and miss business as well. We spoke to one initially and they kept sending us details of places at $4k plus per month! It was obvious if we did not get someone who understood our needs and was on the ground to help us we would end up in an apart hotel at the airport for weeks on end.

We used a Company called Monopoly Realty on pembina highway. They came as a personal recomendation. They have a lady there whose job is basically to help people like me and you. They took us to see loads of houses, were incredibly patient and found us the right place. I cannot recommend them highly enough. We will also be using them to buy us a house come the spring.
I'll check them out. My employer will be housing for the first month so will used this period to find somewhere.