Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

shipping companies & health insurance

shipping companies & health insurance

Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

eastlands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping companies & health insurance

Hello,we have been told Anglo Paciffic are one of the best value companies to use ,has anyone used any other good firms,also can we have a tip for the best health ins firm for the initial 3 month period when we arrive in BC ,many thanks.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:00 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping companies & health insurance

Originally Posted by eastlands
Hello,we have been told Anglo Paciffic are one of the best value companies to use ,has anyone used any other good firms,also can we have a tip for the best health ins firm for the initial 3 month period when we arrive in BC ,many thanks.
I used http://www.gbliners.com/ and was very happy with their price and service.

Didn't bother with health insurance cover for the initial 3mths, but that decision depends on your tolerance of risk. http://www.pbchbs.com/Corp/Default.aspx might work as an option for you.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:44 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

We used

http://www.brytor.ca/

They were excellent, cant fault them at all.

Or if you want a UK company my friend used and was very happy with.

http://www.bishopsmove.net/

Both excellent companies. Give them ago.

Pickfords are going into receivership so DONT call them.

Good luck
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

I think you will find a lot of people on here do not recommend Anglo Pacific whilst others used them and were very disappointed. I found them to be so overpriced and didn't like the rep at all. In the end we went with Robinsons. Sole container took exactly 5 weeks to arrive no problems at all.

For our health insurance we used Canadasure.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Its interesting that you say that people on the site will not recommend Anglo Pacific. I haven't read anything on here that suggests that at all. Do you have any specific thread details ?

The reason that I say this is that I have had all my quotes for shipping except PSS. By far the best so far is Anglo Pacific. The GB LIners guy was in and out in 15 mins.

Hmmm we need a who is the best shipper post
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

muddypuddle is an unknown quantity at this point

We went with Allied Pickfords from the UK (Cardiff) who have tied agents in Vancouver.

Superb all round.