Reload this Page >

Shipping Companies?

Shipping Companies?

Old Aug 11th 2012, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Companies?

Hi

I'm just planning on moving to Toronto from Kent, UK and wondered if anyone knows of a good shipping companies....?

I don't have much, no sofas, kitchen stuff etc. I basically have Electrical equipment (DJ decks, Playstation etc), sporting gear (hockey gear, snowboards etc) and books.

Any ideas/comments???
Old Aug 11th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

scheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping Companies?

Search the forum, plenty of threads come up.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 6:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't have a lot of stuff try AirTransat Cargo, it can all be arranged over the phone and via email.

Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

We used Fox International (I think I posted such in a thread some time ago?!) - Cannot say enough good stuff about them without sounding like I work for them lol! Even when we had an issue with their partner at this end (tried to charge us $50 for storage when it took them a week to tell us it had arrived!) - Fox sorted it from their end! Fab service, good price and if you use them tell Kate we said hello

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Hi

I'm just planning on moving to Toronto from Kent, UK and wondered if anyone knows of a good shipping companies....?

I don't have much, no sofas, kitchen stuff etc. I basically have Electrical equipment (DJ decks, Playstation etc), sporting gear (hockey gear, snowboards etc) and books.

Any ideas/comments???
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Our best quotes came from Britannia Removals, Eagle Relocations & ReloUK. This was for East Sussex to Saskatchewan. For 150 cu ft it was £1500, £1275 & £1550. Some of the others were £2,500!!! All we are taking is personal belongings for us & the kids, may end up being a little more than 150 cu ft though.

It's weird as when we went to Australia it only cost us £650! Oh well.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

TravelBunny101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheKellys5
We used Fox International (I think I posted such in a thread some time ago?!) - Cannot say enough good stuff about them without sounding like I work for them lol! Even when we had an issue with their partner at this end (tried to charge us $50 for storage when it took them a week to tell us it had arrived!) - Fox sorted it from their end! Fab service, good price and if you use them tell Kate we said hello

hi,i'm trying to find them..is the company fox moving?
just wondering did you pay any import tax on your stuff once it arrived?
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TravelBunny101
hi,i'm trying to find them..is the company fox moving?
just wondering did you pay any import tax on your stuff once it arrived?
Yep that's them! http://www.fox-moving.com/
We landed in March this year - cost us less than quoted in post above for approx 190 cubic feet of space - 46 boxes and a few items export wrapped due to size/type (among them we shipped a mamas & Papas full size rocking horse my kids wouldn't part with lol)
Fox will help you with everything related to the shipping - you do not pay any import tax on USED household goods you are importing as possessions for immigration - there are a number of rules around this you can find on CIC's website, but Fox can also supply the guidelines for you.

Good luck with the move
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

thank you, i contacted them but they quoted me OVER £600 FOR 140KG worth of stuff BY SEA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS SHOCKED to say the least, don't know what the lady did/how she calculated it but that was waaaay too high and by far the most expensive i've been quotes by air nevermind by sea
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Call Air Transat Cargo. My son's friend bought over 3 large boxes of tools which weighed more than your items and paid under £200.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
Call Air Transat Cargo. My son's friend bought over 3 large boxes of tools which weighed more than your items and paid under £200.
thank you, i just got a quote from them...sounds a lot more reasonable also got a quote from Transglobal..though they are third party they've given me a reasonable door to door price I'm just trying to do research to see if anyone has used them/UPS express saver..who will be the couriers
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:17 am
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

Avoid Robinsons at all costs.. They completely wrecked our things..
Old Aug 26th 2012, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TravelBunny101
thank you, i just got a quote from them...sounds a lot more reasonable also got a quote from Transglobal..though they are third party they've given me a reasonable door to door price I'm just trying to do research to see if anyone has used them/UPS express saver..who will be the couriers
Could you tell me what number you called AirTransat Cargo on (I've only managed to find one in Canada) and what quotes you got from both companies? Thanks.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

I do my own shipping and packing and I use a fright forwarding company orginally got the details from someone on here. He dosn't charge you and works solely on a commission from the shipping companies. He is really helpful. I always do self pack and load my self or get a local removal company to load I have just been left furniture by my parents which I am bringing over with some shipping for a business I run, a forty foot container is coming in around £3000.00 at the moment. It ships next week when I will get my final price depending on us exchange rates. He will also arrange groupage which is great.

His name is Paul Ley, KFL shipping

I hope this helps I have used his services twice in the past and next week is my third time.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by foreigngirl
Could you tell me what number you called AirTransat Cargo on (I've only managed to find one in Canada) and what quotes you got from both companies? Thanks.
yea sure Air transat cargo Tel: 01784-431831
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

thats the uk number they've given me a quote for £450 they reweigh and remeasure when you get to their office so it might cost more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.