Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shippers come today!

Wikiposts

Shippers come today!

Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice
Default Shippers come today!

I know that when I'm writing this it's very early in the morning - but I've just left my job with all the drink that that entails!!!

Anyway, the shippers come in "today" to take away our personal possessions and kitchen goods. Do I have to ask then for a copy of the list of stuff that they are packing or is that automatic?

Ta

Zoe M. xx

PS we still haven't exchanged!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:30 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shippers come today!

Don't know about what you have to ask, but I just wanted to wish you all the best....it must be soooo exciting to be at this stage.

Hope you have left your important documents well outta there way
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zmartin
I know that when I'm writing this it's very early in the morning - but I've just left my job with all the drink that that entails!!!

Anyway, the shippers come in "today" to take away our personal possessions and kitchen goods. Do I have to ask then for a copy of the list of stuff that they are packing or is that automatic?

Ta

Zoe M. xx

PS we still haven't exchanged!
You should not need to ask but if they don't offer then ask. They are so fast so make sure everything you don't want packed are out the way. Have you remembered to get copies of all your passports for them? They need them for customs. We got a call yesterday saying they had everyones except Michael's which is strange because they were all together, so I am guessing it was them who misplaced it. Anyway I will go up tomorrow and hand another copy in.
Michael is away to London today to collect our passports so I think a wee drink is in order tonight eh............OK maybe a big drink
Julie
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Well that bit went very smoothly - I just hope that everything travels over okay and that the removal people on the other side are okay.

We used Anglo Pacific and they were very polite and quietly got on with the job.

It's amazing how much room the contents of a two bedroom house takes up in a small van and that's without any furniture at all.

Plus, for those that have been following, it seems that we may be exchanging today or tomorrow and completing next week so the aim is to fly out on the 24th.

Zoe M. x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=zmartin;5558583]Well that bit went very smoothly - I just hope that everything travels over okay and that the removal people on the other side are okay.

We used Anglo Pacific and they were very polite and quietly got on with the job.

It's amazing how much room the contents of a two bedroom house takes up in a small van and that's without any furniture at all.

Plus, for those that have been following, it seems that we may be exchanging today or tomorrow and completing next week so the aim is to fly out on the 24th.

Congrats; good luck
We have done the same, goods went last Tuesday, but still not completed on the house; hopefully next week!