Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sharing views of 12 year old daughter

Sharing views of 12 year old daughter

Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:49 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sharing views of 12 year old daughter

ooohhhh! that's so lovely.

i've passed that onto my 17year daughter who is on a roller coaster ride about going to canada; more on the up at the mo but the downs are steep.....

thanks xxx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:26 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

What a clever girl you have

Just got my daughter to read that and she said its just how she feels, made her happy knowing that others feel the same way

Thank you gill
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough

What a fantastic poem, i think that sums it up for adults as well as children, if my child wrote that it would of sent a shiver down my spine of proudness, well done.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

chicken cheese is a jewel in the roughchicken cheese is a jewel in the roughchicken cheese is a jewel in the roughchicken cheese is a jewel in the rough

Thanks gibsonlanding, moondevil and janeymay.

I must admit, it did bring a lump to my throat as I read it out when she handed it to me. Although, I am a bit of an emotional sap at the moment!

We're at that stage with 3 weeks to go where everything we do is 'a last time' event.
Silly things like...

Our last Sunday roast at my mum and dad's house.
Our last shopping trip to Cribbs Causeway.
Our last journey to Wales to see aging relations.
Their last sleepovers with friends.
Their last sessions at swimming clubs.

etc, etc, etc.

Still doesn't seem real though!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough

Your welcome and goodluck in your adventure, hopefully we will be there eventually.

We are flying out in 4 weeks time to Ontario where my OH has to write the Red Seal exam, so fingers crossed that he passes so he can get a job offer and live our dream, we will get a good taster what it will be like as we are staying in Canada for 4 weeks, thankfully we have some distant family that we are staying with to cut costs down.

All the best

Janeymay
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chicken cheese
Many thanks, she's glad you like her poem and I'm sure that there are lots of other kids out there who are also feeling mixed emotions about their big move!

We just hold onto the fact that the life experiences gained will hopefully outweigh the negatives of leaving behind friends and family.

And they've learnt 'O Canada' ready for the start of each school day!!!
ah....such talent...it's all in the teaching you know!

love from her FAVOURITE teacher! (also on my way soon...great minds and all that!)
Old Aug 19th 2008, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

chicken cheese is a jewel in the roughchicken cheese is a jewel in the roughchicken cheese is a jewel in the roughchicken cheese is a jewel in the rough

Of course it's all down to your fantastic teaching!

Glad to hear that everything's moving along nicely with your move too. Great news that you've exchanged (phew!) and it looks as though we've sold too! (Offer received for our new lower asking price!)

So, we'll have to come and visit sunny Alberta for a holiday next year, and you're always welcome in foggy Halifax!!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chicken cheese
Of course it's all down to your fantastic teaching!

Glad to hear that everything's moving along nicely with your move too. Great news that you've exchanged (phew!) and it looks as though we've sold too! (Offer received for our new lower asking price!)

So, we'll have to come and visit sunny Alberta for a holiday next year, and you're always welcome in foggy Halifax!!

I think it's probably down to Briony's talent rather than my teaching but aw shucks.. ...thanks honey!
Great news about the house Adele, fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. Maybe Ian won't have to return here for long in September. We'll make sure he has some company when he returns to your big empty house x
I've printed the poem off for my mum. I read it to her on the phone today and it made her cry! Bless! See the power your daughter has with words?