Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Setanta Sports

Setanta Sports

Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Stuart8472 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Setanta Sports

Has anyone got Setanta sports as part of their cable package? Dont want to miss out on the Queens XI romping to a record breaking 52nd Scottish League title.

Thanks
Stuart
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Setanta Sports

Originally Posted by Stuart8472
Has anyone got Setanta sports as part of their cable package? Dont want to miss out on the Queens XI romping to a record breaking 52nd Scottish League title.

Thanks
Stuart
I have it and it is good value for money for me.....loads of Premier League games and Champions League, League Cup, UEFA cup etc. I don't watch the rugby or Scottish games on it, but there are many. As well, there is Aussie rules and GAA coverage.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:40 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Stuart
Somebody counting their chicken's a little to early me thinks!!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough

Get yourself a cable box off ebay. Its all for educational purposes.

ubdai
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent value.

It would be nice if they showed more chat on the game rather than keep cutting away for promos and that bloody annoying music backed caption, but at least the games are complete.

And on Champs League days, there's a choice of watching their game or the one on TSN/RDS.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Setanta is the only channel worth having in canada... shows 3 lives games on saturday, then one or two pre recorded games later in the day. Couldnt live without it now.

That 'im on setanta sports' thing with the puppet jose mourinho is class.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

$15 per month is all it costs
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:23 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Stuart
Queens XI ???

you should be on Fallow Fallow
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

Hi there
We got Setanta from Eastlink for one month and were very disappointed.

The whole point was for my OH to see the Scottish League games (Dundee Utd !!! who he hasn't seen play for like 4 years from living in New Zealand) and we found that although these games were advertised that in very short notice they changed and were not on live, just 2 days later at around 4pm
So it seemed to us on their website that they would be showing these SPL games, but when it came down to it, other games were played instead.

Our senario was we looked up Setanta Sports on Eastlink to see if any SPL games were on live and were so pleased they were so we went ahead to get it ...... that weekend when it was installed, low and behold, the SPL game which was advertised to be on, was not, instead it was another English Premier League game which was on the other free channels. Go figure!!

Now how anyone who works can wait and see a game 2 days later during work hours when all there mates back home already know the score, who knows!! We tried the whole recording it and watching it later but since it was already 2 days overdue, there was no point - it just isn't the same. You want to get setanta for LIVE games, none of this nonesense so just be aware

We have since cancelled an still see all other games on the free channels and we ahve found a website which you can stream live footage for free so that solved our problem!!

That's our two cents anyway!!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
Hi there
We got Setanta from Eastlink for one month and were very disappointed.

The whole point was for my OH to see the Scottish League games (Dundee Utd !!! who he hasn't seen play for like 4 years from living in New Zealand) and we found that although these games were advertised that in very short notice they changed and were not on live, just 2 days later at around 4pm
IIRC, the ads we see on Setanta here in Canada for SPL coverage are taken directly from the Setanta in the UK which lead one to believe that there will be live SPL. I believe that Setanta here in Canada shows 2 games/week on tape delay of Rangers and Celtic. The live coverage of these games is exclusive to Rangers and Celtic supporters clubs in Canada.

Setanta generally shows 8 EPL games per round which is pretty good. The other 2 are covered by Sportsnet and the Score. I can't imagine anywhere else in the world where all 10 games per round are on TV.....having said that if the EPL doesn't float your boat, then that isn't that great.

They also show the Man U and Chelsea propaganda channels.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

Yes agreed! so if you want to watch SPL live, or any other team than Rangers or Celtic then Setanta is not all that it is cracked up to be!!

I say don't waste your time if you want Setanta for the SPL because you don't get a fair coverage of all teams or hardly any LIVE.
It is only $14.99 a month yes but if you don't get the games you want then you are paying for nothing

(I guess this is what 4 years without any live games can do to you though. Major withdrawls! I would rather watch my team LIVE on the net)
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
We have since cancelled an still see all other games on the free channels and we ahve found a website which you can stream live footage for free
I completely understand about not watching the games later, but what 'free' channels are showing other games?

I'm aware of MLS games on CBC and the odd US network, but Sportsnet, TSN, The Score, Gol, Fox SWCanada are all pay channels - either individual charges or part of packages costing more than the basic fees - aren't they?

I too use the free streams, although quality isn't always that good.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

hi, channel 52 on our cable with eastlink is sportsnet canada and they show english premier games live on most sat and sundays. i think we have more than just the basic package, but its not pay per view. our package is "watch,surf and talk"?? i think . the total cost for our cable, internet and phone is $116 per month

you can get most games live streaming over the net if you install "sopcast" and just google the game you want to watch , with "sopcast included in the search

ie - "aberdeen v hibernian sopcast"

the quality is not as good as tv but at least you dont have to wait 4 days to watch it as you do on setanta, AND ITS FREE!!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Firstly who wants to watch Dundee and the other one the Arabs, em Dundee United.
Come on the Jambos.
What web site are you on about for free (yeah I can see the Scottish jokes coming my way)
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

come on the ARABS!!!!!

one site is http://www.81bet.com/

there are others which i find by just googling the game and sopcast in the search box. if you google them just before kick off on sat you can usually find them.

justintv.com is another i think. ive watched a few games the last couple of weeks.its great seeing them live again, especially watching the arabs beat aberdeen last saturday!!! yee hah,

oh, actually, i think they might even play the jambos this weekend???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.