British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Sending parcels from Ontario to England (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/sending-parcels-ontario-england-905583/)

mush77 Nov 8th 2017 12:52 am

Sending parcels from Ontario to England

Hey everyone, so as I'm not going home for Christmas this year I'm hoping to send some parcels back to the niece and nephews...

Does anyone know the cheapest/best way to send parcels to England? I've always used Canada post, but I was just wondering if there are cheaper options?

Thanks in advance :)

dbd33 Nov 8th 2017 1:19 am

Re: Sending parcels from Ontario to England

Originally Posted by mush77 (Post 12377264)
Hey everyone, so as I'm not going home for Christmas this year I'm hoping to send some parcels back to the niece and nephews...

Does anyone know the cheapest/best way to send parcels to England? I've always used Canada post, but I was just wondering if there are cheaper options?

Thanks in advance :)

Order the items from the Marks and Sparks website. They'll deliver for free.

BristolUK Nov 8th 2017 1:27 am

Thread from two days ago :thumbup:

mush77 Nov 8th 2017 1:50 am

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 12377275)
Order the items from the Marks and Sparks website. They'll deliver for free.

I've done this before...I was originally planning on going home so I have bought a few things 😩 So buying online now isn't really an option!

mush77 Nov 8th 2017 1:50 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12377277)

Thanks...I didn't see this before, although there's not much on there other than suggestions of buying online in the uk unfortunately.

Siouxie Nov 8th 2017 4:24 am

I don't think you will find a cheaper service than Canada Post, any of the courier companies will cost much more... it could end up that the cost will exceed the value of the contents.

If you are determined to send the items still, the cheapest way would be to wrap and label each item and enclose it in one parcel to one address and ask the receiver to distribute the parcels.

The other option would be to hold on to the items you have already purchased and wait until you return to the UK and purchase new items online for Christmas delivery.

:)

BristolUK Nov 8th 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by mush77 (Post 12377289)
...I was originally planning on going home so I have bought a few things 😩 So buying online now isn't really an option!

Ah, fair enough. Unless what you've bought becomes for next time?

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 12377334)
If you are determined to send the items still, the cheapest way would be to wrap and label each item and enclose it in one parcel to one address and ask the receiver to distribute the parcels.

Address to send them to for distribution:
https://img1.etsystatic.com/012/0/51...24519_jd52.jpg

;)

enak Nov 8th 2017 12:41 pm

We shipped something this week, and discovered that parcels were 50% off at Purolator right now. It actually worked out cheaper than Canada post.
Unusual I grant you, but worth giving them a call perhaps.

mush77 Nov 8th 2017 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by enak (Post 12377650)
We shipped something this week, and discovered that parcels were 50% off at Purolator right now. It actually worked out cheaper than Canada post.
Unusual I grant you, but worth giving them a call perhaps.

Ooooh that's a great help 😊 Thank you

Piff Poff Nov 9th 2017 2:04 am

I think you've missed the last post date for surface parcels with Canada post, it's usually around the end of October.

I put money in a jar for each person I would like to buy for, then they have money for spends when they visit, this is a new thing.

la3morri Nov 15th 2017 6:39 am

Just be aware of the customs - we received a parcel from Ontario to the UK a few years ago and had to pay £30 in customs. It was all Christmas gifts, books, toys etc.