Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sending food and personal care items from UK

Wikiposts

Old Aug 15th 2014, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

goldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the rough
Default Sending food and personal care items from UK

Hello,I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but does anyone get food and toiletries posted to them from the UK? If so do you mind sharing the mode of postage and which company etc... Also I recently bought things from Marks and Spencers online to be delivered in Canada. It took over 5 weeks to get here and I was also asked to pay duties which cost more than the item I purchased. Has anyone had the same experience.
I live in Ottawa.thanks
Old Aug 15th 2014, 1:23 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending food and personal care items from UK

Originally Posted by goldstars
Hello,I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but does anyone get food and toiletries posted to them from the UK? If so do you mind sharing the mode of postage and which company etc... Also I recently bought things from Marks and Spencers online to be delivered in Canada. It took over 5 weeks to get here and I was also asked to pay duties which cost more than the item I purchased. Has anyone had the same experience.
I live in Ottawa.thanks
Didn't you just ask this elsewhere ?
Old Aug 15th 2014, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I love threads like these. What items did you have sent that you can't possibly get in Canada?
Next time get a relative to buy the items and send them as a gift by regular mail.
If you buy the items and the order is over $20 then you end up paying any applicable taxes.
Postage is expensive and courier fees are even higher.
Any single gift item cannot exceed $60 without being subject to taxes.
Im curious as to what items you got that you can't get in Canada bar a packet of cheese and onion crisps.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Toffee Crisps
Old Aug 15th 2014, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I love threads like these. What items did you have sent that you can't possibly get in Canada?
Next time get a relative to buy the items and send them as a gift by regular mail.
If you buy the items and the order is over $20 then you end up paying any applicable taxes.
Im curious as to what items you got that you can't get in Canada bar a packet of cheese and onion crisps.
Cheese & Onion chips (crisps) can be bought in Canada.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

goldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the roughgoldstars is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Didn't you just ask this elsewhere ?
Yes I did,It wasn't intentional. I wanted to post it in the main forum and didn't know how to delete it on the other board.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

Well, underwear for one. I haven't been able to find quality underwear here in Ontario. I also find that products hear in Canada are made of different ingredients, so the same brand I used in London doesn't really work well for me here. I do also try other brands to find an equivalent.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Well, underwear for one. I haven't been able to find quality underwear here in Ontario. I also find that products hear in Canada are made of different ingredients, so the same brand I used in London doesn't really work well for me here. I do also try other brands to find an equivalent.
Now that's funny.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 2:11 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

What can't you get here? Decent knickers. Bras that cost less than $100. Gluten free Jaffa cakes. Ridley handbags and purses.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, underwear for one. I haven't been able to find quality underwear here in Ontario.

I also find that products hear in Canada are made of different ingredients, so the same brand I used in London doesn't really work well for me here.

So buy the imported versions from a store here in Canada.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by colchar

So buy the imported versions from a store here in Canada.

Never thought of that. I'll check the Bay and see what they have.thanks.