Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Selling House Update.

Selling House Update.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:24 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling House Update.

Well here i am still trying to sell my house here in the uk.
Not sure what happened this week but i have had 12 viewings so far with 3 saying they are very interested............will have to wait and see what happens with them.
I find the whole thing really stressful although sometimes i have to laugh an instance being the couple who came on Tuesday............ this is a very nice house said the husband,love the gardens will you be leaving the shed and greenhouse?why yes said Ithey are included.
I noticed his wife taking notes as we went round for the second time at the end of our trip round she handed me a list and said i want these included in the house price and she smiled as i read the list hmmm said i dont you want to go through my wardrobes to as you seem to have listed everything except the cloths off my back .....as i showed them to the door i thought ''what a nerve'' but they seemed oblivious to the fact that they had been way over the top in their demands.
Guess no sale with them. :scared:

Items on her list.
1. large mirror above fireplace
2.3 piece suite.
3.Dinning table and 6 chairs.
4. TV in bedroom.
5. Coffee Machine in kitchen
6. Hoover
7.Floor standing fans x2
8.Sleigh Bed.

Now am i being way too sensitive are are they taking the p...
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:34 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Selling House Update.

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Not sure what happened this week but i have had 12 viewings so far with 3 saying they are very interested............will have to wait and see what happens with them.
I find the whole thing really stressful although sometimes i have to laugh an instance being the couple who came on Tuesday............ this is a very nice house said the husband,love the gardens will you be leaving the shed and greenhouse?why yes said Ithey are included.
I noticed his wife taking notes as we went round for the second time at the end of our trip round she handed me a list and said i want these included in the house price and she smiled as i read the list hmmm said i dont you want to go through my wardrobes to as you seem to have listed everything except the cloths off my back .....as i showed them to the door i thought ''what a nerve'' but they seemed oblivious to the fact that they had been way over the top in their demands.

Items on her list.
2.3 piece suite.
4. TV in bedroom.
6. Hoover
7.Floor standing fans x2
8.Sleigh Bed.

The way things are going with our sale, If I had an offer, I would give them the entire contents of the house and a free holiday in Nova Scotia if they wanted it. This would cost me about than £5000 but would be worth it.
Tony.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Selling House Update.

Items on her list.
2.3 piece suite.
4. TV in bedroom.
6. Hoover
7.Floor standing fans x2
8.Sleigh Bed.

if it were me I would have replied........give me full price and you can have those things.........at this point in time "SOLD" is a good thing
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:49 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happydayz
The way things are going with our sale, If I had an offer, I would give them the entire contents of the house and a free holiday in Nova Scotia if they wanted it. This would cost me about than £5000 but would be worth it.
Tony.
Having reduced my asking price by ten grand already.......... i think not Tony Canada will have to wait a little longer until we get the funds we will need from our house sale and with any luck a rise in exchange rates ''fingers crossed.'' Vi.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:02 pm
Jelly Belly

Michelle Rodgers is an unknown quantity at this point

Having reduced my asking price by ten grand already.......... i think not Tony Canada will have to wait a little longer until we get the funds we will need from our house sale and with any luck a rise in exchange rates ''fingers crossed.'' Vi.

Im sorry but PMSL!! Thats cheered me up no end!! Was it supposed to?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:03 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

I know what your saying . We have also dropped our price by £10,000.
I had a friend a few weeks ago that had expressed an interest in the house and my car, which is worth £4000. I was willing to let the car go free with the house if he had made an offer but still no deal. We are by far the cheapest house in the steet and in very good condition. I just pray things pick up soon.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Items on her list.
2.3 piece suite.
4. TV in bedroom.
6. Hoover
7.Floor standing fans x2
8.Sleigh Bed.

Items 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be of little use in Canada (unless you get voltage converters)

Items 2, 3 and 8 sound bulky and heavy and could cost you quite a bit to ship over depending .on how much other stuff you're shipping.

There is a danger that in a falling market you might start chasing it downwards.

I would have considered the offer and got back to them.

In the end a house is only worth what someone will pay for it.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade
Items 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be of little use in Canada (unless you get voltage converters)

Items 2, 3 and 8 sound bulky and heavy and could cost you quite a bit to ship over depending .on how much other stuff you're shipping.

There is a danger that in a falling market you might start chasing it downwards.

imo when it gets real bad there will be no buyers at ANY price .........the only way to get houses selling is for the rates to drop or the price of gasoline to drop.........the price of gasoline is pushing the price of EVERYTHING up in other words people can afford less .......if the interest rates go up then the ass will fall out of the market big style
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:43 pm
Vi

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade

Agreed..............house is only worth what someone will pay for it.....guess i will have to wait for that someone.
As for the suite etc...........these belonged to my late mother and i have no intention intention of giving them to a stranger.
Your comments are your opinion nothing more.............
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by psb182
.......if the interest rates go up then the ass will fall out of the market big style
Ditto the UK economy which has been fuelled by people borrowing (many against the supposed rising price of their property) in order to purchase 1.1 trillion GBP worth of non-essentials.

The whole thing's a pyramid-selling type scam it's teetering on the brink.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:46 pm
Vi

Originally Posted by Happydayz
I know what your saying . We have also dropped our price by £10,000.
I had a friend a few weeks ago that had expressed an interest in the house and my car, which is worth £4000. I was willing to let the car go free with the house if he had made an offer but still no deal. We are by far the cheapest house in the steet and in very good condition. I just pray things pick up soon.
Hope they will.....will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:10 pm
Cowtown

As for the suite etc...........these belonged to my late mother ....
And thats a key bit of information! Without knowing that most people would suggest that you just give the buyers what they want to make the sale!

Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

I comiserate with you over the stress. We are in what you would think is the somewhat envialble possition of having two formal offers on the table. All sounds well and good, but:

Offer 1 is near enough to our asking price to make us very happy. Problem is that there have been numerous inconsistancies in the story that we have been told about how he is going to fund the purchase and he is rather non commital about a completion date that he would like to work to.

Offer 2 comes from a cash buyer who would like to complete as soon a physically possible. Problem is that the offer is 35k less than offer 1. Wouldn't mind so much if we had not already set the asking price to meet our needs rather than our hopes, at a mere 80% of what the estate agent thought the house was worth. Seem like the p**s is being taken.

We are torn. We could be real bas!@#ds and jusct accept both and let whoever completes first take all. It's just not us since we like to fell that "a deal is a deal"

More tonight. AT this rate we'll fail the medical due to the amount of alcohol in the blood stream.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Posidrive
I comiserate with you over the stress. We are in what you would think is the somewhat envialble possition of having two formal offers on the table. All sounds well and good, but:

Offer 1 is near enough to our asking price to make us very happy. Problem is that there have been numerous inconsistancies in the story that we have been told about how he is going to fund the purchase and he is rather non commital about a completion date that he would like to work to.

Offer 2 comes from a cash buyer who would like to complete as soon a physically possible. Problem is that the offer is 35k less than offer 1. Wouldn't mind so much if we had not already set the asking price to meet our needs rather than our hopes, at a mere 80% of what the estate agent thought the house was worth. Seem like the p**s is being taken.

We are torn. We could be real bas!@#ds and jusct accept both and let whoever completes first take all. It's just not us since we like to fell that "a deal is a deal"

More tonight. AT this rate we'll fail the medical due to the amount of alcohol in the blood stream.

I don't know your situation if you have another mortgage to pay or whatever.......but the cash buyer sounds like the way to go......not saying you should take his offer but do some more negotiating........the other guy imo may be a waste of your time it seems like he wants it all his way.....good luck
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:29 am
Cowtown

Originally Posted by Posidrive

You could try telling your estate agent to ask for best offers and to advise the buyers that there are other interested parties. This is likely to work best if you set a very early date to close bids. The thing with this is that the buyer can end up bidding against himself to increase the price as nobody knows the current high bid!

Might work - you just have to be prepared to accept the final bid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.