Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Selling the house in th UK

Selling the house in th UK

Old May 16th 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Selling the house in th UK

Thanks JandG, pity we are not there already as the missus is a Midwife and could have helped out
Old May 16th 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

JandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Thanks JandG, pity we are not there already as the missus is a Midwife and could have helped out
Shame...especially as they're phasing midwives out here and we won't actually have one!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Just though I'd resurrect this thread now that we have news.

Well we have had loads of viewings since putting the house on the market at the end of February but until today, no offers, despite reducing the price.

We have now accepted an offer at 10 thou below the reduced asking price. No chain so hopefully things will move quicker.

The shippers arrive on Monday to pack up the contents of the house so it could all work out quite well.....

Anyone else have any success during the last few months?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

JandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to allJandG is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)

Well we have had loads of viewings since putting the house on the market at the end of February but until today, no offers, despite reducing the price.

We have now accepted an offer at 10 thou below the reduced asking price. No chain so hopefully things will move quicker.

The shippers arrive on Monday to pack up the contents of the house so it could all work out quite well.....

Yes! We did!!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we re-marketed our property for OIEO, which generated fresh interest and we accepted an offer for £5k below the 'in excess of figure' (the buyers originally offered £15k below that figure, so we felt we'd done quite well)!

Similarly, our buyers have no chain, so we were hoping that things would move quickly...unfortunately, our being in NS has slowed the process somewhat, as we have had to wait for paperwork to get through the postal system, etc. Fingers crossed it will all be dealt with shortly!

Whilst I'm typing, I should also mention that our daughter, Clementine Kitty-May arrived safe and well on 27th May (just a couple of weeks prior to our offer)!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

lindabey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi yes sold our house within 6 weeks and now jusst waiting for the ok from the canadian government before we exchange contracts on it.
my husband was offered a job in canada so now waiting they say 14-16 weeks processing time so hope to hear latest by 2nd weeks in october.
who did you use for your packing and shipping?
Old Jul 16th 2011, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

Not us. Our house has been for sale since April with little interest. I think we've had 5 viewings and not much feedback. We'll be signing with a new agent soon. Three other houses on our street have sold in the last month.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Allie73
Not us. Our house has been for sale since April with little interest. I think we've had 5 viewings and not much feedback. We'll be signing with a new agent soon. Three other houses on our street have sold in the last month.
This would be the best option. I have recently moved back to the UK and am looking for a house and am astonished as to how many agents have failed to get back to me after an enquiry. I would do an enquiry on my own home just to check how they respond.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 4:54 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Robin

We were really lucky too. Sold the house to the estate agent himself, but that sale fell through. We then sold to the next person to see it and we completed in 8 weeks! It meant that we had to live in temporary accommodation for a month, but we're now safely landed, both have work and are happily living in Canada!

Hope the rest of your move goes really well. Seems a long time since we were in the line up in London collecting visas, eh?!

FF
Old Jul 16th 2011, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
Hello Robin

We were really lucky too. Sold the house to the estate agent himself, but that sale fell through. We then sold to the next person to see it and we completed in 8 weeks! It meant that we had to live in temporary accommodation for a month, but we're now safely landed, both have work and are happily living in Canada!

Hope the rest of your move goes really well. Seems a long time since we were in the line up in London collecting visas, eh?!

FF
Oh wow FF, things did happen quickly for you......Thanks for the best wishes. Andy & Kelda are really looking forward to going in a couple of weeks.....I'll just have to bide my time and look forward to holidays until I can retire next year.

You seemed to have fallen on your feet then with finding work so quickly.

Happy days!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Essay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to allEssay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnh009
This would be the best option. I have recently moved back to the UK and am looking for a house and am astonished as to how many agents have failed to get back to me after an enquiry. I would do an enquiry on my own home just to check how they respond.
This = brilliant. May I suggest having a friend call, so the call seems to be from a complete stranger, instead of perhaps having the agent (or receptionist) recognize the caller's name/voice/phone number.

Sad, isn't it, what lengths we sometimes must go to accomplish a seemingly simple task.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Oh wow FF, things did happen quickly for you......Thanks for the best wishes. Andy & Kelda are really looking forward to going in a couple of weeks.....I'll just have to bide my time and look forward to holidays until I can retire next year.

You seemed to have fallen on your feet then with finding work so quickly.

Happy days!
Hey Robin,
Glad to hear you sold at last and you will be on your way. We came back a month ago house sold. But things are expensive here with the exchange rate so low so be prepared,
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Hey Robin,
Glad to hear you sold at last and you will be on your way. We came back a month ago house sold. But things are expensive here with the exchange rate so low so be prepared,
Thanks Sandra, Hope life goes well for you 2nd time around....keep in touch and you never know.....we might be visiting each other one day.