Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Security threats!!!

Security threats!!!

Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:50 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security threats!!!

Originally Posted by macadian
Jeez - 'TSA' and 'security' all in the same sentence? At least they have one member of the public fooled...
I admire them. I think that they do a very good job in difficult circumstances.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 3:09 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
This is a problem if your client has a secure site. They will not allow remote demos to be accessed from such places. To use an example I don't think is especially sensitive, the federal bureau of prisons is very very nervous about computers on their network accessing remote sites or vice-versa, if you want to sell them something you have to go there, have your machine screened and then use it to access your remote machine where the video-conference/demo is based. Other government departments are much more strict than that, in some cases you have to be carded before you can even give a remote presentation.
OK, OK, you make a number of very valid points. I will concede that in some (many) circumstances you need to travel with a notebook for business, and I can see that checking it might not be the best option too if your whiole like if wrapped up without password protection on it. How did we all cope before technology came along to make our live easier/complicated

What happend to MDX and butch anyway? Did they finaly get a room
Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:25 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hangman
I am sorry you've hit a sore spot and I have to disagree. The political parties than run the government perhaps don't have the intelligence.

But as a former government employee I am sick and tired of hearing how useless government departments and their employees are.
I take it you were responsible for maintaining the cod stocks off the east coast?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:32 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
..... the political parties that run the govt
It's all the fault of the New World Order and the Illuminati

Humanity is part of a bizarre complex alien experiment.....it's the only possible explanation for such a complete f*** up

Rich.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:44 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

Please do not associate me with that person

BTW I went to the pub
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:37 am
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4782347.stm

All action taken so far is only British flights but it will probably be reviewed and other airlines may adopt.

I would also like to say that to be able to stop a threat this severe was a wonderful achievement by the police/c15 or whatever security personnel involved.

We are quick to criticize everything 'the government' does wrong and then when they do something right they do not get praised enough.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:40 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
What happened to Butch? I understand back in Blighty Butch saw a program on TV about Canada needing more jobs. He thought they said Canada wanted more Yobs, so he came over.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:26 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lees147I would also like to say that to be able to stop a threat this severe was a wonderful achievement by the police/[b
c15[/b]
or whatever security personnel involved.
CI5???? The Professionals? Oh that our security really was being protected by Cowely, Bodie and Doyle in their Ford Capri's The world would be a much safer place.