Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Secondment to Canadian office....Confused

Secondment to Canadian office....Confused

Old Jan 21st 2002, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone....

I work for a UK firm that has an office in Montreal, I am currently hassling my boss for some form of secondment to this office for 6 months to a year (with the view of trying to stay permanently).

I have a few questions...
Will my spouse be able to come along with me? (even if it means that she is not allowed to work)?
Would it be easier to get permanent residency if I am already working for a firm in Canada (although technically employed by the parent company in the UK)?
...and finally as some form of ammo against my boss....is this process particularly easy to arrange, if I want to stay permanently does the Montreal office then have to put up a case to immigration as to why I need to stay etc.

I would appreciate any help that you may give me in this matter...

Thanks