Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATES - NOWHERE TO BE SEEN

SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATES - NOWHERE TO BE SEEN

Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:58 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future
Default SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATES - NOWHERE TO BE SEEN

Hi I know this thread has been done on numerous occasions but we cannot find my OH's secondary school certificate anywhere. After all the hunting and asking in laws etc we have come to the conclusion it has gone for good, although to be honest I think OH has destroyed it as he hated school so much and has a passion for fire but thats another story.

So what i was wondering is has anyone actually managed to get into Canada without one. He has certificates from his two years at College. I know there is a site where you can request copies and I suppose if it comes to it that is the route we will have to go. The other problem we are having is that i think my husband had post traumatic school disorder and has wiped out his memories of that time and therefore cannot even remember for sure what exams he took!!!

He is a qualified mechanic and is presently a Service Manager so not sure what way we will eventually get in by so any help and advice would be great.

Lisa
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:04 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATES - NOWHERE TO BE SEEN

Hi Lisa....any chance you could ring the school and see if they have any record of his exams? They might have them on file somewhere, or if you know the year he did them, then they might give you the boards details so you can check with them.......

Good luck finding them.....
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:05 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I think it depends on the route you are applying under.

Our experience of applying through NS PNP was the the highest level of education had to be documented for, for the Principal applicant and Spouse. For our application to be completed we had to obtain certified statement of results for OH secondary education.

Hope this helps, or not as the case may be

To find out where they are, the 3 main places that hold all secondary results in the UK is OCR, AQA and edexcel.

We had to apply to all 3 to obtain the full set of results as they all hold different subjects. Bit of a con financially!

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Nov 10th 2008 at 7:06 pm. Reason: added a bit
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

if he is not principal applicant how about stating he did not sit any exams at school but he has got post secondary education

eg send in copies of his college course certs and say no other certs awarded

I believe all they really want to know is confrimation of fluency in English and his college certs would prove this

it doesnt mean he didnt go to school just he didnt sit any exams certainly worth a try
there must be plenty of flok who failed all of their o levels but still went onot higher ed and decent jobs etc so it would not be that unusual
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to say your husband sounds like mine he can remember the school but it closed down 20 years ago but no chance re exams
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:41 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future

Thanks for the responses, looks like I have some investigating to do. OH is the principal applicant as he is the one with the trade so think we will need to get hold of a copy of his certificate, oh well it will be worth it in the end.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:43 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LISABOB
Thanks for the responses, looks like I have some investigating to do. OH is the principal applicant as he is the one with the trade so think we will need to get hold of a copy of his certificate, oh well it will be worth it in the end.
Fingers crossed for you.....
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:15 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

i had the same problem ,luckily i aint the principal applicant , we got a letter from the exam board to say i sat them but they cant find any results ! i just put in my college certificates , which am sure hold more standing than a silly school cert anyway
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

When we did our fed app in 2006 i did not have my education certs from school. I rang school boards as the school had been shut for years and i just got passed from pillow to post to try and find them. Our immigration lawyer told us to to a stat dec regarding the issue.

Note i was not the primary applicant and my wife keeps everything so we were good on that 1.

Hope this helps
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
To find out where they are, the 3 main places that hold all secondary results in the UK is OCR, AQA and edexcel.

We had to apply to all 3 to obtain the full set of results as they all hold different subjects. Bit of a con financially!
I did aswell. Do a google search, find phone numbers for each. I called gave them the details of the school concerned, the subjects i took and dates and they each verified which they covered. I then had to fill in some forms and send off cheques and sit and wait for copies to be returned. Do not waste time on this some took about 4 weeks to arrive.

Chris
Old Nov 11th 2008, 2:26 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

We applied under the skilled workers class, and he and I never showed any proof of secondary education.

We did show college and trade certs if that helps….

Oh and been here for almost 2 years….
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:01 pm
Life is great!!

Thanks everyone, just sent application off to the OCR for OH'S Statement of results cus they are the people who have the CSE results for the West Midlands area, and Im sure he only did CSE's and not O'levels. So fingers crossed we should hear something back in about 4 weeks time.

I bet after we have done all this we wont need them anyway but hey better to be safe than sorry.

Lisa
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi lisabob

I had to do the same thing, you will probably get them a bit faster than that though, mine only took 10 days
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:33 am
Life is great!!

Thanks Andy thats good to hear, wont settle till all paperwork is in order!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:47 pm
Life is great!!

They arrived yesterday and are all present and correct so that is another thing I can cross of my list. Suprised at how quick they actually took.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.