Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

SEC assessment query for CRNBC

SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

IENJamaica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SEC assessment query for CRNBC

I have my SEC in June in Alberta. Does anyone know of persons who have done the SEC and passed...that is, not required to do anything further, but the CRNE?

Also, what are some preparation tips for the SEC? Thank you.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

catty4488 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowhugs
I undertook the SEC for CRNBC, and found it straight forward , it really is nothing to study for as you already have a fair bit of experience.

I failed though , as they do a "role play" thing at the end.. this is very difficult and unless you have worked in Canada already you will probably fail. I feel this test is designed to make you fail , so they can put you through a 4 day course to bring you up to " Canadian standards"

I do not mean to sound negative , but do not stress too much.... I ended up sitting the exam(CRNE) in Ontario and passed , never having passed SEC.
Hi snowhugs, I have failed my sec assessment too. could you please tell me what you did after? I am so confused right now.
thnks
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by catty4488
Hi snowhugs, I have failed my sec assessment too. could you please tell me what you did after? I am so confused right now.
thnks
Sorry to hear that Caty, when did you take it? I'm still waiting for a date for mine but they haven't been given funding to book anymore places as yet.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

TKaur81 will become famous soon enoughTKaur81 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: SEC assessment query for CRNBC

Hi everyone

Im new to this site, am glad I found a site where people have done the SEC... I'm a UK registered nurse, with only 6 years outpatient experience, Im just Adult trained, and my course did not include Paeds hours...I've been asked to do the General and Paediatric SEC in BC. Im still waiting for my exam date as I believe they are waiting for funding...

I'm getting very anxious and worried over it I've no idea what to expect..I'm trying to self study from a Canadian Nursing book...but its HUGE..how do you decide what info is important and what isnt? also does anyone know if many International nurses have been asked to do the one year Re-entry course? I've a feeling I may have to do that...

Is there anyone who can offer me any words of encouragement? I really do want to pursue my nursing career in Canada..just hope I can overcome all the hurdles... is there any help out there from immigration integration services to help international healthcare workers??

Thankyou
Tina
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TKaur81
Hi everyone

Im new to this site, am glad I found a site where people have done the SEC... I'm a UK registered nurse, with only 6 years outpatient experience, Im just Adult trained, and my course did not include Paeds hours...I've been asked to do the General and Paediatric SEC in BC. Im still waiting for my exam date as I believe they are waiting for funding...

I'm getting very anxious and worried over it I've no idea what to expect..I'm trying to self study from a Canadian Nursing book...but its HUGE..how do you decide what info is important and what isnt? also does anyone know if many International nurses have been asked to do the one year Re-entry course? I've a feeling I may have to do that...

Is there anyone who can offer me any words of encouragement? I really do want to pursue my nursing career in Canada..just hope I can overcome all the hurdles... is there any help out there from immigration integration services to help international healthcare workers??

Thankyou
Tina
I know someone that did SEC with BC and has to do re-entry course and even though decided to go to another province the new province is requiring that they complete re-entry and courses that BC asked for to meet their requirements
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

TKaur81 will become famous soon enoughTKaur81 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
I know someone that did SEC with BC and has to do re-entry course and even though decided to go to another province the new province is requiring that they complete re-entry and courses that BC asked for to meet their requirements
Hi silverdragon,

I don't actually mind that I have to do re-entry...I will do whatever it takes to try and pursue my nursing dream, just worried on hearing about the fact there are 2 year waiting lists in BC to do the course...
Old May 23rd 2013, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

nanuss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Sorry to hear you're being messed around Abbi. I'm doing my SEC in May (awaiting confirmation).

AD
Hello Ladies!
Sorry to intrude, because I am actually not from the UK, but I am european (From Spain) and it is a pleasure to finally find other people from Europe that are in my same situation.

Like somebody commented above, I am also waiting for the SEC date and this is being desperating, I have asked for a date last January 2013 and today almost in june I am still waiting for a date!

Also I am very anxious because of the difficulty of the exam.. I try to read the mosby comprehensive but Its nuts all the stuff that i need to memorize...

If any of you is waiting for a date, could you please let me know when you have applied? and also, I have quoted this message above, because I am surprise that somebody has date for May, because I have been told that there was no funding after March 13... ?¿?
Old May 24th 2013, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nanuss
Hello Ladies!
Sorry to intrude, because I am actually not from the UK, but I am european (From Spain) and it is a pleasure to finally find other people from Europe that are in my same situation.

Like somebody commented above, I am also waiting for the SEC date and this is being desperating, I have asked for a date last January 2013 and today almost in june I am still waiting for a date!

Also I am very anxious because of the difficulty of the exam.. I try to read the mosby comprehensive but Its nuts all the stuff that i need to memorize...

If any of you is waiting for a date, could you please let me know when you have applied? and also, I have quoted this message above, because I am surprise that somebody has date for May, because I have been told that there was no funding after March 13... ?¿?
Are you talking about the SEC in British Columbia in regards to funding? Or Alberta?
Old May 24th 2013, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hitozutsu
Are you talking about the SEC in British Columbia in regards to funding? Or Alberta?
BC
Old May 24th 2013, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

BC
I guess I was super lucky :x.
I only waited 3 weeks for my SEC.
I think you should contact them?
Old May 24th 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Ladies!

I have been waiting since October and had requested early May to take the SEC. I've been informed that there is a ministry of health meeting today to determine funding. So I'm in the same position as you unfortunately!
Old May 25th 2013, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
I have been waiting since October and had requested early May to take the SEC. I've been informed that there is a ministry of health meeting today to determine funding. So I'm in the same position as you unfortunately!
Oh I see! So just one more question, when they contacted you to give you a date they asked you to select a date? or you just requested directly for May, without having them asking you?
Old May 25th 2013, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hitozutsu
I guess I was super lucky :x.
I only waited 3 weeks for my SEC.
I think you should contact them?
When did you take SEC?
Old May 25th 2013, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

When did you take SEC?
first week of march I took my SEC.
I was put on waiting list end of january.
I am at the last hurdle, I am doing an online course and a session in july and then I have my temp licensing
Old May 25th 2013, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Oh I see! So just one more question, when they contacted you to give you a date they asked you to select a date? or you just requested directly for May, without having them asking you?
I asked for May because at the time it was far enough in to the future for me to confidently book annual leave knowing I would be near the top of the list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.