Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Seasonal residency for American in Canada?

Seasonal residency for American in Canada?

Old Oct 24th 2001, 2:52 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 8
kary is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance was told by one customs agent that there was no problem with him bringing furniture from WA to BC to furnish the home he purchased here (in BC). All he would need is a master list of the furnishings, and then he could bring it all across trip by trip - crossing off the goods per trip.

He was told that this was considered seasonal residency and wasn't a problem.

He tried to do this the following trip and was denied entry. When he mentioned the "seasonal residency" notion, they put him in a room and interrogated him.

Is this idea of 'seasonal residency' a myth?

I've tried to find reference to it on the net but can only find agricultural workers, or snow birds.

Does anyone know about this and/or if there is a way of furnishing his home in BC with his furniture from WA? (He moved out of a large house in WA into a small apt so has surplus furniture).

Thank you.
kary is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.