schools

Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default schools

hi

so moving from fort mcmurray to B.C. more than likely maybe Langley or surrounding.looking for information on the schooling system.
have 4 1/2 yr old twin boys so would be starting kindergarden in september.
would prefer a catholic school if possible.
thanks in advance for anyones help.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:37 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: schools

do the twins turn 5 before January?
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

yes they will be 5 in oct,
Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:09 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Catholic schools aren't publically funded like AB so you'll be paying school fees. I have no idea if there are any in Langley. There's a lot where i live in Burnaby but you need to be an active member of the parish to get into most of them as there's a lot of demand. (for instance, St Helens you have to give x amount of hours of volunteer work, donate regularly to the church that's associated with the school, etc to get considered but even if you do all that there's no guarantee - I know of people who didn't get in who did all of that). For public school contact Langley school board. Hopefully someone is along soon - I have no idea bout Langley & every city is different.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that.
not good news though. so even if a practising Catholic and paying fees still might not get in.
something to really think about.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by irishgirl33
thanks for that.
not good news though. so even if a practising Catholic and paying fees still might not get in.
something to really think about.
Yeah...in some cases the volunteering in parish etc starts before kid even starts school...part of the reason it's so difficult is because there are so many siblings who get first priority. Also catholic schools don't necessarily have smaller classes than public. One of my friends decided not to go that route as the catholic school she had her eye on is going to have 28 kids in it's K class rather than the public school max of 22 (this is in Coquitlam). Holy Cross apparently has larger classes. And my public school had a max of 15. It really depends, you need to check with your local school district though.