Wikiposts

Schooling.

Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

emmapez77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schooling.

Hi my hubby currently has a twp for BC and at Christmas the company transferred him to Calgary. The guy who was supposed to see to the paperwork regarding his change of Provence permit lost everything so new paperwork was issued and now were expecting his new twp to be issued approximately in may.

I arrived here in Calgary in December in holiday but have since decided to stay and bring up our children here and peruse the route of pr.
My children are 5&8 and obviously should be attending school but due to the companies initial mess up with the new twp they are still not attending school.

Am I right to think that they cannot attend school here until their names are down on the new permit for Alberta, or would it be possible for his company to issue a letter stating the current situation on waiting for the permit and would this be acceptable to enrol them in school.

If the company hasn't have messed up in the first place the new paperwork would have Ben issued in January and the children would be in school.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schooling.

Your children can attend school now, no need to wait for the new TWP. You may need a study permit (check with the school), but that's easy and quick to get - you could have got one when you arrived at the airport.

HTH.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

emmapez77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Urgh if only I'd known, right well ill get into that on Monday morning, there both sick at the minute. I really thought they had to be down on the permit..... The bloke who messed the paperwork didn't last much longer within the company.
Would I just need to ring the board of education for study permits and info etc.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmapez77
Urgh if only I'd known, right well ill get into that on Monday morning, there both sick at the minute. I really thought they had to be down on the permit..... The bloke who messed the paperwork didn't last much longer within the company.
Would I just need to ring the board of education for study permits and info etc.
No, you get study permits from CIC.

Not all schools will require them though. Technically, as children of a TWP holder - even if it's not for the correct province - they shouldn't need them, but often schools aren't aware of that so you may have to pay the $300 to get them study permits.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Or they could go for a drive to the border and flagpole thereby saving money providing one of the parents has been lawfully admitted and they then would be issued visitor records.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmapez77
You need to speak to the Calgary Board of Education. Here are their contact details:CBE

They will let you know what documents you require.