Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"Saying hello" and other manners

"Saying hello" and other manners

Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:52 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Saying hello" and other manners

Originally Posted by smelly
I think people in calgary are generally friendlier, .....
We took our visiting Kiwi/British friends to a Hitmen (ice-hockey) match while they were here. As we lined up for tickets and the match had already begun ... some guy came up and offered us 4 free tickets.

(I'd experienced this before and hoped it would happen again actually! ) but my friend looked at him as if he might bite, while I quickly said "oh-you are-kind!-Are-you-sure?-Thankyou-very-much!!" and took the profferred tickets with a suitably pleased and grateful smile.

As I passed them to my friend she said, frowning, "why would he do that?"
"Because he didn't want them, and he was just being nice?" I suggested.
"How bizarre!" was her opinion.
"No, that's Calgarians for you!" I replied.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Saying hello" and other manners

We went to a bar in Edmonton , after we ordered our drinks,
the staff told us that a guy just walked in and bought free drinks
for everyone. I find the Albertans are hospitable and generous .
Yoong