Wikiposts

Sat Nav

Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sat Nav

have used a Tom Tom 510 in the Lower Mainland and wouldn't go anywhere without it. We bought ours in the UK and paid a small fortune for it as would be expected.

You can buy a Tom Tom 1 (which works just as good) in Canada for about $200 with all North American and Canadian maps already loaded. Try future Shop or CostCo there are some good deals around at the moment. Garmin tend to be much more expensive but have a good reputation as well.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy with my Garmin. At the time I shopped, the comparable TomTom model had a volume control that could only be changed by going into an onscreen menu. The Garmin had a good old fashioned dial on the side of the unit. The TomTom way sounded like a palaver and dangerous. Ability to instantly increase volume is a must with screaming kid (or OH) in the car
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:14 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Hmmm...I don't get you guys - the most fun about a road trip is getting lost!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Hmmm...I don't get you guys - the most fun about a road trip is getting lost!
Not when your spending money and trying to get somewhere before the day after tomorrow
Anyway, it's ok for you Nordic types, you have navigational aids built in to your genes, a present from your Viking past.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:23 pm

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

If you're in such a hurry, why not leave a couple of days early?

Originally Posted by steve666
...and trying to get somewhere before the day after tomorrow
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're in such a hurry, why not leave a couple of days early?
Because I'm lost somewhere else from the day before trying to get back to start from where I want to go the day after tomorrow, or even before.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're charmin' with a Garmin...
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:39 pm

For your sake, I do hope you have an RV with tons of supplies, the way you're being lost all the time.

Because I'm lost somewhere else from the day before trying to get back to start from where I want to go the day after tomorrow, or even before.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

For your sake, I do hope you have an RV with tons of supplies, the way you're being lost all the time.
I'm lost right now! I forgot use my GPS to get me to the living room. Now I have to spend 3 hours trying to find the Kitchen again.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:55 pm

You need a smaller house!

I'm lost right now! I forgot use my GPS to get me to the living room. Now I have to spend 3 hours trying to find the Kitchen again.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

You need a smaller house!
Or other people in it to tell me where to go lol.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:06 pm

Or big arrows painted on the walls.

KITCHEN
--------->

WASHROOM
<----------

Or other people in it to tell me where to go lol.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:22 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Tentatively broached the subject of Sat Nav over the weekend.

He doesn't want one

Why would you not? We always get lost, and we always nearly run out of fuel. It's always frustrating!

Oh well, socks, pants and gummy bears it is. Unless anyone has a 70's style police CB radio thingy (AKA Starskey and Hutch type thing) they want to sell me - then he would be made up! He may even dance about a bit if he got one of those! Oh a red kojack lamp would be cool too - anyone got those items in the attic?????
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:56 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Buy him some snow tires

I'll fetch me hat
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Buy him some snow tires
& some gummy bears!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.