Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Are Salaries Low in Canada ?

Are Salaries Low in Canada ?

Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are Salaries Low in Canada ?

Originally Posted by Koolio
am just a mediocre in play some fund managers earn very easily and excessively over six figures, the perks my managers take, lol, its a lottery for some !
blimey, it's Yoda.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:33 pm
Banned

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Could you enlighten us as to the value of the Gaussian Copula function in estimating risk?
lol, dude your funny
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:37 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
blimey, it's Yoda.
work ethic, channelize it, he will.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:39 pm
Banned

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Not sure worrying about the tax you'll pay on your bonus will endear you to people and prompt them to give you meaningful advice, or at least the kind of advice you are looking for. If you're lucky enough to have a high salary, you have to accept that comes with high tax, regardless of the country you live in. At least I assume that's the way it works in most developed democracies?
I'm not a financial wizard, so can't offer you any advice there, but I'm an IT geek, and I see jobs advertised that offer less, more and about the same money I'm on in the UK, so I don't think the sweeping generalisation that salaries are lower in Canada is appropriate, although maybe UK financial analysts are paid more than the going rate?
I hope you find the answer you need.

Oh, I'm glad you're a senior financial analyst and not my kid's English teacher :-)

my SPelling is crap and grammer, is never my strong point.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

lol, dude your funny
I take it that's a "no"?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:41 pm
Banned

I take it that's a "no"?
r u 4 real ?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:41 pm
Banned

sac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to all

my SPelling is crap and grammer, is never my strong point.
Are you drunk? Off your tits on coke?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:42 pm
Banned

sac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to all

r u 4 real ?
I'm beginning to wonder if you are (sorry, "u r"). I smell a wind-up.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:42 pm
Banned

r u 4 real ?
here
http://virtualbib.fgv.br/ojs/index.p...wFile/1426/793

enlighten yourself !
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:44 pm
Banned

I take it that's a "no"?
I take it you work with RISK ? I only do modelling with VaR and Monte Carlo Stimulation,
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sac_de_loup
Are you drunk? Off your tits on coke?
aye mate
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

r u 4 real ?
Well, it's just that since you're a Senior financial Analyst in the Hedge Fund sector, I thought it might have come up over coffee sometime in the last decade.

Silly me.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it you work with RISK ? I only do modelling with VaR and Monte Carlo Stimulation,
didnt it used to be Simulation?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:51 pm
Banned

I take it that's a "no"?
feel free to converse with me on hedge positioning, derivatives, commodities trading, technical analysis, Scholastic modelling, regression etc

dont underestimate !!

And yes I have FRM and MBA ! will probably do the CFA
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fledermaus
didnt it used to be Simulation?
I think this version is used in the financial industry.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 10th 2009 at 11:34 am. Reason: Rule 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.