Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

S0me-0bservati0ns!

S0me-0bservati0ns!

Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:26 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: S0me-0bservati0ns!

So what do you think of Calgary so far?

There's so much development going on, just check this out:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=105776

... and that's just around downtown!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:42 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
So what do you think of Calgary so far?

There's so much development going on, just check this out:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=105776

... and that's just around downtown!
I am actually very pleasantly surprised!

As a west coast, flakey tree-hugger a big part of me was reluctant to even consider Calgary. But when I was thinking about what I need and want at this time in my life, it kept coming out on top no matter how hard I tried to make it not!

So I decided to just go see... which I am doing. And I am really enjoying being here. I think a part of that is a reprieve from serious homesickness that I couldn't shake and being reminded of many good memories from my wild youth.

I am soaking it all in at the moment and so far, so good. I have many thoughts but I'm still mulling them over.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:46 am

Oh and to the Calgary people - 2 questions:

1 - When did it become a by-law that you had to be over 50 to rollerblade?

2 - and wtf is this?! (North of Edworthy Park, West of Foothills hospital.)
Attached Thumbnails S0me-0bservati0ns!-wtf.jpg  
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:57 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Oh and to the Calgary people - 2 questions:

1 - When did it become a by-law that you had to be over 50 to rollerblade?

2 - and wtf is this?! (North of Edworthy Park, West of Foothills hospital.)
1. I'm not over 50 and i've started rollerblading (sshhhhhh keep it quiet)

2. Its the new Childrens Hospital.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:09 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

I am actually very pleasantly surprised!

As a west coast, flakey tree-hugger a big part of me was reluctant to even consider Calgary. But when I was thinking about what I need and want at this time in my life, it kept coming out on top no matter how hard I tried to make it not!

So I decided to just go see... which I am doing. And I am really enjoying being here. I think a part of that is a reprieve from serious homesickness that I couldn't shake and being reminded of many good memories from my wild youth.

I am soaking it all in at the moment and so far, so good. I have many thoughts but I'm still mulling them over.
So you are only sampling Calgary and really haven't decided to live there?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
1. I'm not over 50 and i've started rollerblading (sshhhhhh keep it quiet)

2. Its the new Childrens Hospital.
1. Hey good on you Butch! If you ever need a pillow to land on...

I walked along the on of the Pathways from Kensington to Edworthy Park today I could not believe the number of roller bladers that were over 50 - they definitely made up the bulk of people I saw. It's fantastic.

2. Ah! Makes sense... not good sense, but...
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:23 am

So you are only sampling Calgary and really haven't decided to live there?
Yup. Just doing the recce thing and visiting old friends that I know here and meeting new ones and possibly some serious cutting loose if I stick around for the Stampede!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:40 am
mañana is my busiest day

That's what I was going to suggest..... stick 'round for the Stampede... it'd be fun.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:03 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

1. Hey good on you Butch! If you ever need a pillow to land on...

I walked along the on of the Pathways from Kensington to Edworthy Park today I could not believe the number of roller bladers that were over 50 - they definitely made up the bulk of people I saw. It's fantastic.

2. Ah! Makes sense... not good sense, but...
2. it was designed by children if that helps you make sense of it!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:14 am

2. it was designed by children if that helps you make sense of it!!
Is is made out of candy then?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:19 am
Banned

Is is made out of candy then?
I trust you are refering to the hospital!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:34 am

That's what I was going to suggest..... stick 'round for the Stampede... it'd be fun.
Yeah... I like the Stampede in some ways, in other ways I hate it.

BTW, your new avatar is very creepy. It suits you.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:38 am

I trust you are refering to the hospital!!!!
Of course I am!

If I were to design one it wouldn't be made out of candy as I do not have a sweet tooth.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:46 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I think they made it out of lego

Lovely pics though ...... my favourite city ..... even though I was seriously considering missing "home" today. They helped me shake off that particular miserable thought! THANKS.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:18 am
Having a blonde moment

Britjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of light

Great photos HWP. Really enjoyed looking at the album.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.