Reload this Page >

Rutherford area in Edmonton

Rutherford area in Edmonton

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:36 am
Just Joined

atmnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rutherford area in Edmonton

Hi,
We are currently looking to rent a house in Rutherford area(126th street SW) of Edmonton. It would be great is someone could advice us about this area. Is it good and safe for families ? Are there any good child care, kindergarten nearby in this area ?
Regards
ATM
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:50 am
Just Joined

onside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rutherford area in Edmonton

Originally Posted by atmnet
Hi,
We are currently looking to rent a house in Rutherford area(126th street SW) of Edmonton. It would be great is someone could advice us about this area. Is it good and safe for families ? Are there any good child care, kindergarten nearby in this area ?
Regards
ATM

Rutherford is a newish neighbourhood at the southern tip of the city. There are a lot of young families in the area, though it is a very cookie cutter new residential development. If you have a car, you will be fine to get around. There are a few new commercial developments in the area and there is a supermarket and other major amenities around there.

They have a brand new elementary school in the area. http://rutherford.epsb.ca/about.html As far as I know, no junior high is planned in the area for awhile but it is pretty standard for children to have to take public transport to any higher level grades. I can't comment on how easy it is for child care though. It can be tough to find child care in all area's of the city.