Reload this Page >

Rules about having Alberta driving licence / MELT training

Rules about having Alberta driving licence / MELT training

Old Apr 3rd 2020, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

JillTr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rules about having Alberta driving licence / MELT training

Originally Posted by Kiowan
Can you elaborate on this please? You can gain residency via a PNP as a trucker, however you require either an employer with direct PNP enrollment such as some of those in Manitoba (Bison, Agritel, Gladstone), or they need an LMIA first which I mentioned in my post. However, both of those methods don't come from the IEC, the IEC has no bearing on it as you still need to gain a job with an employer who has an LMIA or the employer direct method (Only in MB) and this can be done from the UK as easily as it can be done on tourist holiday in Canada, the IEC itself doesn't contribute to your ability to apply or stay, nor is it factored into it in any way. So the IEC he is on is one thing, but in order to stay he has to look at a totally separate method.

The only way the IEC itself can help with permanent immigration is if you working a skilled occupation while on your IEC and then apply for express entry, as that counts as experience within Canada but that skilled occupation has to be one that gives you points in express entry and trucking is not one of them.
Thank you KIOWAN and CHRISTMASOOMPA for all this very helpful information. Together with JBALBERTA, and SIOUXIE's posts, we have a much clearer idea of what will be required and what will not help. Thank you all so much. (My nephew has his new ticket to Calgary now, for June 15th, so here's hoping the world is in a much happier place by then.)
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 2:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rules about having Alberta driving licence / MELT training

Originally Posted by Kiowan
Can you elaborate on this please? You can gain residency via a PNP as a trucker, however you require either an employer with direct PNP enrollment such as some of those in Manitoba (Bison, Agritel, Gladstone), or they need an LMIA first which I mentioned in my post.
I was just referring to your comment that PR isn't possible from an IEC even with a permanent job offer. FWIW, some provinces do require employers to sign up to their scheme first, but others don't, such as BC's stream for truckers - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...d-Semi-Skilled or NS's Occupation in Demand stream - https://novascotiaimmigration.com/mo...ons-in-demand/

Originally Posted by JillTr
Thank you KIOWAN and CHRISTMASOOMPA for all this very helpful information. Together with JBALBERTA, and SIOUXIE's posts, we have a much clearer idea of what will be required and what will not help. Thank you all so much. (My nephew has his new ticket to Calgary now, for June 15th, so here's hoping the world is in a much happier place by then.)
Best of luck to your nephew, I hope he can find a job and manage to stay.