Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rugby This Saturday

Rugby This Saturday

Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough
Default Rugby This Saturday

Hello everyone!

I live in Toronto and was looking to see if anyone knows if there is a pub that is showing the England Scotland game this coming Saturday morning?

I don't mind going to a Scottish pub to watch the game. I am English but rugby is a supposed gentlemans game after all and yes I will be wearing my shirt! It would also be nice to meet some of the expats who use the website.

Many thanks
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:05 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice
Default Re: Rugby This Saturday

Originally Posted by Wookie Wayne
Hello everyone!

I live in Toronto and was looking to see if anyone knows if there is a pub that is showing the England Scotland game this coming Saturday morning?

I don't mind going to a Scottish pub to watch the game. I am English but rugby is a supposed gentlemans game after all and yes I will be wearing my shirt! It would also be nice to meet some of the expats who use the website.

Many thanks
I've searched long and hard for a way to watch the Wales game on Sunday, I'm sorry to tell you there's no coverage of the six nations this year
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshchem
I've searched long and hard for a way to watch the Wales game on Sunday, I'm sorry to tell you there's no coverage of the six nations this year
DIRECTV has all the games on PPV, you can usually find a local venue that has PPV events but, if not, there'll be one in Buffalo or Niagara Falls NY.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshchem
Oh no, its just wales

Setanta is covering the england game. Surely there is a bar somewhere in the GTA able to cash in on expat demand?

http://na.setanta.com/portal/index/na

http://na.setanta.com/portal/systemc...pvvenuefinderb
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:16 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Search Results
Ajax Wanderers Rugby Football
Address 1717, Harwood Ave.
City Ajax, ON L1S 4S7
Phone 905-686-0957

Duke of Gloucester
Address 649 Yonge Street
City Toronto, ON M4Y 1Z9
Phone 416-961-9704

Scallywags
Address 11 St Clair Ave West
City Toronto, ON M4V 1K6
Phone 416-922-3737

Crusaders Rugby Club
Address 2214 9th Line
City Oakville, ON L6J 3H1
Phone 905-338-7533

Club House/Burlington Centaurs RFC
Address 5270 Fairview Street
City Burlington, ON L7L 2A4

Celtic Pub
Address 1416 Secord Drive
City St. Catherines, ON L2N 1K8
Phone 905-937-5929

Corktown Pub & Fare
Address 175 Young Street
City Hamilton, ON L8N 1V7
Phone 905-572-9242

NOTE: NOT ALL VENUES SHOW ALL GAMES...SO CALL AHEAD

FWIW The Duke of Gloucester is the home of the Toronto Liverpool FC supporters club I believe.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 1st 2007 at 4:18 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

Success!

Scallywags 11 St Clair Avenue West is showing the game!

http://www.scallywags.net/contact.php

Tel. 416-922-3737

There is a $20 cover (PPV) and they say be there by 09:30am in order to get a seat.

I'll be going on my own (Canadian friends simply don't get the game) so feel free to send me a pm if you want some company to watch the game and enjoy a beer or two!

They are showing the the France vrs Italy game as well at 08:30.

Hope to see you there!

Wayne
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

What about the Albert/Edmonton/Westlock area, really missing my rugby and would love to catch the game. Seeking solace in the NFL at the moment.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:41 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuarty
What about the Albert/Edmonton/Westlock area, really missing my rugby and would love to catch the game. Seeking solace in the NFL at the moment.
That ever helpful IainK fella posted the link from Setanta (Cable sports channel). So clicky on http://na.setanta.com/portal/systemc...pvvenuefinderb punch in your postcode and you'll get a list of venues in your area showing the Rugby.

Unless you live where I do, where it simply tells you that nowhere within 100miles is showing the game.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:17 am
Starting over ..

bad.andy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wookie Wayne
Hello everyone!

Many thanks
No good for this weekend, but you can get a box from iTVN for free with a 12 month subscription to Setana Sports (US$15 a month) which allows you to stream video from the web straight onto a TV, so I can watch it a proper size telly instead of the micro picture on the PC screen. You get 6 Nations, Super 14, Heineken Cup, Premiership and European football games, Gaelic football, the list goes on - I won't have time to work!

bad.andy