Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rugby ! **contains recent scores**

Rugby ! **contains recent scores**

Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:25 pm
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough
Default Rugby ! **contains recent scores**

I love the 6 Nations Rugby Union . Watching it here at the moment ! Is Rugby popular in Canada at all? I know from when I lived in Long Island , New York that Rugby was popular in its own way ! Are the matches live on TV in Canada ( Vancouver ) ? Or screened at all ?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby !

Originally Posted by scaffroche
I love the 6 Nations Rugby Union . Watching it here at the moment ! Is Rugby popular in Canada at all? I know from when I lived in Long Island , New York that Rugby was popular in its own way ! Are the matches live on TV in Canada ( Vancouver ) ? Or screened at all ?
I like watching rugby too. Rugby doesn't exist here, at least not the way you would know it. I have Setanta sports which is showing replays of the 6 nations games, for instance, the Ireland Wales match is tonight and the England Scottish match is tomorrow night. It's costing me $15 a month and shows mostly football (soccer) but it's better than nothing, just.

There have been other threads about this, just do a search on "rugby tv" or similar.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:04 pm
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by steve666
I like watching rugby too. Rugby doesn't exist here, at least not the way you would know it. I have Setanta sports which is showing replays of the 6 nations games, for instance, the Ireland Wales match is tonight and the England Scottish match is tomorrow night. It's costing me $15 a month and shows mostly football (soccer) but it's better than nothing, just.

There have been other threads about this, just do a search on "rugby tv" or similar.
I suppose there would be no chance of getting the Rugby 'put on' in a Canadian Bar ! Its practically a religion here to go and have a 'few' pints and watch the Rugby ! Even in Middle America - Long Island , Rugby was considered a 'Mans Game ' and was fairly popular . I love nothing better than to go and have a few pints and watch a game ! I havent actually been out for a pint since the Darts Final on New Years Day . Is there any such culture for even, a Hockey game ?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:07 pm
Banned

Scotland - 15 England - 9 in the Calcutta Cup !
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:21 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Bluegh... yeah...

Hope Steve666 doesn't look again at this thread before his replay is shown.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by windward
Bluegh... yeah...

I can do commentary for the games 'nearly' live over the forum and I ll only charge $10 a month ! I can provide vivid and colorful descriptions !
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

WelshLady is an unknown quantity at this point

Being Welsh, rugby is the one tihng we miss but thanks to Setanta sports we get to watch delayed coverage of the Six Nations and all of the Magners League as well as lots of other rugby. Can't wait for the game tonight, can we get the Triple Crown ??? Hope so, spoke to my brother-in-law back home just as the games finshed, didn't tell me the result just said it was like a game if chess, whatever that means LOL
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hart50 is an unknown quantity at this point

As mentioned, we get the games on Setanta. As a sport, Rugby is slowly gaining popularily in Canada, especially in BC. Here in Calgary, there would be about 8 or so clubs that play in the Calgary league. As for watching the games in the pub, although I can't speak for the rest of Canada here in Calgary there would be a few pubs that rugby fans would get together to watch the matches.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by WelshLady
Being Welsh, rugby is the one tihng we miss but thanks to Setanta sports we get to watch delayed coverage of the Six Nations and all of the Magners League as well as lots of other rugby. Can't wait for the game tonight, can we get the Triple Crown ??? Hope so, spoke to my brother-in-law back home just as the games finshed, didn't tell me the result just said it was like a game if chess, whatever that means LOL
It was a great game ! Ireland V Wales
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:19 pm
Banned

We watch Setanta here too . It has gotten v big here as a station lately . Great if its available in BC . Ill sign up .
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:37 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Bluegh... yeah...

Yee haa!

Cal....cal....cal....cutta cup!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby seems pretty popular on Vancouver Island - we even have a local ladies team
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I've been keeping away from all news rugby so I can watch it tomorrow night without knowing the score......
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bluegh... yeah...

Too friggin' late.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

It was a great game ! Ireland V Wales
Well at least I can watch Wales and Ireland tonight with no knowledge of the score. I'll keep away from the internet till tomorrow.

Don't do that again scaff or I'll cuff ya! So's I will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.