Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rrroooolll Up The Rrriimm

Rrroooolll Up The Rrriimm

Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:03 am
Glaswegian

Default Re: Rrroooolll Up The Rrriimm

Originally Posted by willmore
LOL....I've sat in the drive in for 20 minutes for a xl coffee and walnut crunch.....the things we do for a TH coffee.......
I dont understand why people do that. Wouldnt it be faster to park, go inside, purchase whatever, then come out and drive away? Some times of the year it makes sense in Calgary - but you live in Paradise so shouldnt you be walking more?

Mrs G

Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:20 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
but you live in Paradise so shouldnt you be walking more?

Mrs G
Isn't arthritis a big problem with the elderly popn. in paridise?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
I dont understand why people do that. Wouldnt it be faster to park, go inside, purchase whatever, then come out and drive away? Some times of the year it makes sense in Calgary - but you live in Paradise so shouldnt you be walking more?

Mrs G

LOL....we don't have one in our area, so we're usually out and about when we decide to stop. I have found from experience, that by the time I get the kids out of their car seats, threaten them with death if they even think of misbehaving and then stand in a line, that is usually out the door it's just easier to stay in the car.

My little girl just turned 3. About 6 months ago I was there with a group of moms/kids to grab a coffee. Before I realized it Katie got away from me, ran behind the counter and had eaten 3 timbits on the bottom shelf before anyone could stop her.......the staff were very gracious and we all had a good laugh......the joy of having kids....
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Iginla
Isn't arthritis a big problem with the elderly popn. in paridise?
I would think so when a person reaches your age......
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:38 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Before I realized it Katie got away from me, ran behind the counter and had eaten 3 timbits on the bottom shelf before anyone could stop her
The first time my wife came to Calgary a few years back she walked into Timbos and asked for A (i.e. 1) Timbit.

Apparently the staff were a bit confused and when she went to pay for it they must have taken pity on her and waived the cost.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:39 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Voyager970
YES THERE IS

GLASGOW RANGERS BEAT MOTHERWELL IN THE SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP

THE SCORE 5-1 TO THE TEDDY BEARS

EDDIE
Rather less significant than Liverpool beating that other team today
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:11 pm
Banned

Sharmagirl will become famous soon enoughSharmagirl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Indigo
Just sat in "drive thru" queue for ten minutes, then suddenly asked myself, what am I doing, we are five minutes from home... so drove off. Boo, no timbits and coffee today. Maybe tomorrow!
Hi Indigo,

I noticed your tag line "ontario after 8 years in the uk!" could you let me know more? I have been back in the UK for 5 years now and still I am wanting to go back to ontario. But have hubby and kids to consider -- any advice?

Sharmagirl

(got hit by a recent bout of homesickness....) Damn all this talk of tims!!