Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rough guide to storage charges

Rough guide to storage charges

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rough guide to storage charges

Originally Posted by R I C H
We used GB Liners and had 2 months free storage courtesy of Vancouver dockers who were on strike when our container arrived. It sat dockside for 8 weeks while we enjoyed a spartan existence in our new home

GB liners were very professional to deal with though, and I'd recommend them to anyone.
Got a direct website link? who is good for UK --> Toronto (where does it arrive if going to Toronto? do they have docks in Toronto)
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by landhouse
It looks as though we will have to have our goods in storage for a while (approx 2 months), as we look for a home.

Where is it cheaper to store? UK or Canada? We're heading for NS with a huge 40 foot container and can't decide whether to store before shipping or ship before storing.

Hi there,

If its only for 2 months its worth while enquiring how long it will take to ship. We has our shipping quotelast week and the man form Anglo Pacific said it would take 8 to 12 weeks to arrive so if thats the same with you maybe you can send it and still be over there before it.

Where abouts in NS are you going? We are heading out there at the end of the year to stay in New Glasgow.

Julie
julie
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by landhouse
Sorted!

£4000 for a 40 foot container from Lancs to NS, free storage and only 2.2% insurance.

Can't sniff at that...oh, and I did the negotiating. OH gone soft in his old age!

Compared to some of the quotes I have seen on here that seems a very good price for a 40ft container. Please can you tell me who you are using?

Lynne
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beastie
Compared to some of the quotes I have seen on here that seems a very good price for a 40ft container. Please can you tell me who you are using?

Lynne
Whats the story with sharing? I dont need 40ft maybe only half that, still dont know how much I would need but with only a small amount of furniture 40ft would be overkill
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Raymate
Whats the story with sharing? I dont need 40ft maybe only half that, still dont know how much I would need but with only a small amount of furniture 40ft would be overkill
hi there,

we wer quoted £3,395 for sole use of a 20 foot container by Anglo Pacific. I thought that was good but £4,000 for a 40 foot one is really good.
Julie
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thedignans
hi there,

we wer quoted £3,395 for sole use of a 20 foot container by Anglo Pacific. I thought that was good but £4,000 for a 40 foot one is really good.
Julie
Thanks for that info, now I'm getting a better idea of what's need to be done, been reading the info on the Anglo site. Sounds like they can do a good job in terms of packing stuff.

Anyone else used Anglo Pacific?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Raymate
Thanks for that info, now I'm getting a better idea of what's need to be done, been reading the info on the Anglo site. Sounds like they can do a good job in terms of packing stuff.

Anyone else used Anglo Pacific?
yeah thats twice we have had them out and both times they have been very helpful. they leave you a dvd about the process which was good and gave you a real idea of what happens to your goods after it leaves you.
We inquired about sharing a container but was not that much of a difference as they would have to collect and deliver to two different address which bumps up the price. it usually takes longer when you share a container too. we decided to get sole use, that way when the container is sealed it wont be opened again until it reaches its destination less chance of things getting broken or getting "lost".
Julie
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

yeah thats twice we have had them out and both times they have been very helpful. they leave you a dvd about the process which was good and gave you a real idea of what happens to your goods after it leaves you.
We inquired about sharing a container but was not that much of a difference as they would have to collect and deliver to two different address which bumps up the price. it usually takes longer when you share a container too. we decided to get sole use, that way when the container is sealed it wont be opened again until it reaches its destination less chance of things getting broken or getting "lost".
Julie
Thank you, your comments are very reassuring, it's all a bit scary doing this shipping game, I have heard a few story, a friend of mine moved to Australia from the UK and they lost most of his stuff, his complete CD and record collection just went missing.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:12 am
The Cookie Monsters

landhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant future

We're using Fox's as they are just a few miles up the road.

We don't know how long we'll have to store as no home sorted yet. We've a winter let near Hubbards for 4 months so we'll have everything we need.

They've estimated 8 weeks shipping.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

If its only for 2 months its worth while enquiring how long it will take to ship. We has our shipping quotelast week and the man form Anglo Pacific said it would take 8 to 12 weeks to arrive so if thats the same with you maybe you can send it and still be over there before it.

Where abouts in NS are you going? We are heading out there at the end of the year to stay in New Glasgow.

Julie
julie
Julie

They quoted us 8 - 12 weeks for our shipment to arrive in Calgary.

Nearly died when I took about 3-4 weeks

Gaynor