Reload this Page >

Roadtrip in Ontario

Wikiposts

Roadtrip in Ontario

Old May 31st 2005, 5:08 am
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Roadtrip in Ontario

Thanks for that dbd33, we really appreciate it. Purple, that is a good one also, and we might do some of those this weekend, providing the weather is nice.

Originally Posted by Purple74
... here's what Scott and I fancy...

http://www.roadsideattractions.ca/ontario.htm

Wendy

15 more sleeps to go
Old May 31st 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Cathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pollard
Thanks for that dbd33, we really appreciate it. Purple, that is a good one also, and we might do some of those this weekend, providing the weather is nice.
No problem!! Let us all know how you get on, where you went and how it was!

... and, on that site, there's a wanted list, so remember to get your photo taken with it!

*LOL*

... it's the simple things sometimes.

Hope you have a lovely time!

Wendy

15 more sleeps to go
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:44 pm
Banned

Thanks Wendy.

Originally Posted by Purple74
No problem!! Let us all know how you get on, where you went and how it was!

... and, on that site, there's a wanted list, so remember to get your photo taken with it!

*LOL*

... it's the simple things sometimes.

Hope you have a lovely time!

Wendy

15 more sleeps to go
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:58 pm
Banned

Purple74

Once again, thak you for the link above, we managed to get to a couple of those sideroad attractions, and we brought a couple of pics back for ya.

This 1st one is along HWY 86, at lucknow, on our way to Tobermory today

Last edited by pollard; Jun 4th 2005 at 3:04 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:21 am
Banned

Here is another road side attraction that should not be missed, if you happen to be in that area.

Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Here is another road side attraction that should not be missed, if you happen to be in that area.

Stop it right now...you're making me incredibly homesick!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:39 am
Banned

You must remember this light house from Tobermory, it's on the island.

Originally Posted by willmore
Stop it right now...you're making me incredibly homesick!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:59 am
Banned

In case you are wondering what the sign above represents, here it is

Nestled on the shore of blue, blue Isthmus Bay and embraced by the plunging white limestone cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment, Lion's Head has a beautiful setting. Lion's Head is located on the 45th Parallel, halfway between the equator and the North Pole.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

In case you are wondering what the sign above represents, here it is

Nestled on the shore of blue, blue Isthmus Bay and embraced by the plunging white limestone cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment, Lion's Head has a beautiful setting. Lion's Head is located on the 45th Parallel, halfway between the equator and the North Pole.

Could I make a suggestion that if you're comfortable you post these wonderful photos and t he ones in the other thread in the "photopost" - so that everyone can see them!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:50 am
Banned

I will try to, as soon as I figure that out. LOL

Originally Posted by willmore
Could I make a suggestion that if you're comfortable you post these wonderful photos and t he ones in the other thread in the "photopost" - so that everyone can see them!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:26 am
Banned

Anyone know of places to visit, southeast of ontario, things to see, and scenic routes?
Old Jun 7th 2005, 11:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know of places to visit, southeast of ontario, things to see, and scenic routes?
There's the 1000 Island Parkway. Not remarkable in itself but you can take boat trips among the islands. We went kayaking on Charleston Lake, that's pretty scenic.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 11:52 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

The 1000 Islands boat trip is quite pleasant. We did it from Gananoque. Don't bother getting off for the Boldt Castle tour (boring).
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:27 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm honestly not sure what's considered southeastern Ontario these days but when I lived in Ontario ( nearly 30 years ago! ) I lived on Stoney Lake near Warsaw and Lakefield and enjoyed canoeing on the lake, floating down the Indian River, making "brass rubbings" at the petroglyphs, swimming under the mill or waterfall at the pioneer village and the Warsaw Caves, though now I would be too claustrophobic (sp?). But I was just a kid and it's since probably all been "developed" to the point that's it's no longer fun (dangerous). I also remember good ice cream in Lakefield and an amazing candy store somewhere between Lakefield and Peterborough. There, from a eight years old's point of view - that's what you should do!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:38 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure what counts as "SE ontario" anymore either!

Loyalist parkway through prince edward county and on to Kingston over the amherstview ferry. Kingston itself is a nice place to visit..fort henry an all that. Thoousand islands are very scenic too a bit further East. Near Picton Sandbanks PP has the nicest beaches for miles around, and the dunes are cool. Lake on the mountain has good food and a good view of the Quinte area

If you are in the Picton area for a while Bergerons Animal Refuge is entertaining (if very sad) if you get there at feeding time (2ish IIRC). They have a number of rescued large cats (tigers, lions, cougars) and wolves. Its a bit depressing though that these magnificent cats need to be rescued, and Bergerons would sure appreciate the entrance fee to help feed them and upgrade the facilities.

Lots of lakes anywhere you go north of the 401, with mmostly scenic drives.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 8th 2005 at 7:41 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.