Reload this Page >

Ridiculous offer on house

Ridiculous offer on house

Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

nicci1973 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ridiculous offer on house

Originally Posted by albertabound
My house asking price is now £169950.00 so who exactly is taking the piss?
The potential buyer!! Lots of people do take the 'P' even we have before. If they want the property then they will be back with another offer!
Hold out for what you want, I know we will.

If it gets to ddesperatetimes then you can reconsider the amount you want to accept.

Good Luck and all the best
</IMG>
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My house asking price is now £169950.00 so who exactly is taking the piss?
In which case, yes, they were taking the p***!!

If I had a client wanting to buy a house at that price, I'd advise them to offer £140k to start with, with a view to securing it for £150k in the current market.

Let's hope they sleep on it tonight and come back tomorrow with a much better offer.

Best of luck, hope you can achieve what you want for it and get out to Canada soon.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:53 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
yet !
Put yourself in the position of having to accept 50,000GBP less than the asking price.

This is roughly $75,000 now try and get even $25,000 off of a Winnipeg house today.

Your 'yet' response doesn't help people who are due to arrive over the next 6 months. It's easy to say to someone else 'yeah you can recover that money no problem' but in smaller provinces they will have to wait it out a long time to recover $75,000. when $200,000 will get you a very attractive property here.

It can only fall so far here and i doubt a 200,000 house will ever drop to 125,000
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:58 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

I have just spoke to my husband who is already in Canada and he is not great.
We miss each other and just being a family unit.
We both agree, its just money. There are things a lot more important.
Whoever we sell to, it will be for a lot less than it should be but whatever, we will get it back. We both work hard. It will just take us a bit longer to get back to where we were.
At least we will be together though.
Thanks for all your replies.
Tina
That is the attitude Tina, somethings are more important which is our take on it. Keep the end in sight, no long til you hold that baby then you'll be on your way.

Keep strong.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:09 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
Put yourself in the position of having to accept 50,000GBP less than the asking price.

This is roughly $75,000 now try and get even $25,000 off of a Winnipeg house today.

Your 'yet' response doesn't help people who are due to arrive over the next 6 months. It's easy to say to someone else 'yeah you can recover that money no problem' but in smaller provinces they will have to wait it out a long time to recover $75,000. when $200,000 will get you a very attractive property here.

It can only fall so far here and i doubt a 200,000 house will ever drop to 125,000
“yet” means that although you haven't entered the recession yet, its highly unlikely that you’ll avoid it
And as in true small province style it takes longer to follow the main provinces (the bigger economies react faster and as knock on result the smaller economies tend to take even longer to recover)

Why do I say this?

So people don’t go moving to some province that they think is sitting safe on the assumption that its one of the few places that won’t be affected, when in reality the smaller have not provinces will be affected when the equalization payments drop.
Certainly I’m sure that if the have provinces run on hard times there will less being paid in, I’m also sure they want to keep as much to help them recover before they start handing it out again too..
Think about it..How much money will be left if Ontario starts pulling from the equalization pot (which it may do), how much does that leave the smaller provinces to pump into infrastructure to try to keep their economies going, if push come to shove which provinces will get the short stick
You’d be surprised how much property drops if the work force leaves one province to work in another, ask the Newfies

Last edited by MikeUK; Mar 10th 2009 at 8:12 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:23 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

“yet” means that although you haven't entered the recession yet, its highly unlikely that you’ll avoid it
And as in true small province style it takes longer to follow the main provinces (the bigger economies react faster and as knock on result the smaller economies tend to take even longer to recover)

Why do I say this?

So people don’t go moving to some province that they think is sitting safe on the assumption that its one of the few places that won’t be affected, when in reality the smaller have not provinces will be affected when the equalization payments drop.
Certainly I’m sure that if the have provinces run on hard times there will less being paid in, I’m also sure they want to keep as much to help them recover before they start handing it out again too..
Think about it..How much money will be left if Ontario starts pulling from the equalization pot (which it may do), how much does that leave the smaller provinces to pump into infrastructure to try to keep their economies going, if push come to shove which provinces will get the short stick
You’d be surprised how much property drops if the work force leaves one province to work in another, ask the Newfies
Ontario apparently officially became a "have not" province in November of last year.

Around the same time Newfoundland and Labrador became a have province.

So now the list of "Have not provinces" is:

Quebec - $8.35 billion
Manitoba - $2.1 billion
New Brunswick - $1.69 billion
Nova Scotia - $1.57 billion
Ontario $347 million
P.E.I. - $340 million

The haves are: Unfortunately no figures given as to who contributes what.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Saskatchewan
Alberta
British Columbia

Source: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...ub=CTVNewsAt11
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:25 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl

You're probably one of the few then
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:26 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Pardon my ignorance but I really am interested - what are the haves and have nots?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:34 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Pardon my ignorance but I really am interested - what are the haves and have nots?
This may help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization_payments
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:35 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45

My point is simple and has been mis-interpreted somewhat...

If you think you can recover money lost from the sale of your home (in blighty) do research into the market you are buying into before you sell...
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:38 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Or this

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/features...mporary-issues

I see I was possibly in error in assuming Saskatchewan being a "have" province. In 2007-2008 they collected $226 million.

Leaving only B.C. , Alberta, and Newfoundland & Labrador now as the "haves".
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:45 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

A factor in favour of the UK housing market is the low price of sterling... a recent article in a narrow-sheet news paper said that the Russian buyers are back in London and the home counties, and many American & Western Europeans also - this can only be a good thing.

I think Canada is also in a strong position, at the end of the day is rich in natural resources, so when the economy finally does pick up, when ever that may be, at least Canada is certain to generate good revenues.

If I were in a position where I wanted to move on with life in Canada but had a house to sell in the UK, I'd sell and make a smaller profit just so I could get on with my life.

M.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud ofdexdaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimbloby7
We have done the exact opposite, put it on way over the odds, partly because we havent got the visa yet, (meds in so 2-4 months), and partly because thats what we want and think its worth, (we are selling it ourslef on houseladder), weve got well over a year so we are not perhaps in the same position as youself. I wish you luck, dont give it away, if they want it they will pay, moneys cheap to borrow now.
You put it on way over the odds in a falling market because you think thats what its worth? Won't it stand out like a sore thumb against everything else that is realistically priced? How will you ever sell it?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:46 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dexdaw
You put it on way over the odds in a falling market because you think thats what its worth? Won't it stand out like a sore thumb against everything else that is realistically priced? How will you ever sell it?

+1
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:49 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loser40
A factor in favour of the UK housing market is the low price of sterling... a recent article in a narrow-sheet news paper said that the Russian buyers are back in London and the home counties, and many American & Western Europeans also - this can only be a good thing.

I think Canada is also in a strong position, at the end of the day is rich in natural resources, so when the economy finally does pick up, when ever that may be, at least Canada is certain to generate good revenues.

If I were in a position where I wanted to move on with life in Canada but had a house to sell in the UK, I'd sell and make a smaller profit just so I could get on with my life.

M.
Some people made no profit and in fact a loss, just to make the move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.