Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Review of Toronto so far

Review of Toronto so far

Old Jun 25th 2011, 9:57 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Review of Toronto so far

Originally Posted by dbd33
Er, avoid the Danforth? Greeks are not great at curry. Try Coxwell and Gerrard instead, Barbecue Hut for north Indian, Madras Durbar for south.
nom nom nom
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Platinum979
Sephiroth = arsehole.

I say good luck to the lad. It's refreshing to read a bit of a different perspective rather than the hackneyed and obsequious pc bollox you find too often on here.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I say good luck to the lad. It's refreshing to read a bit of a different perspective rather than the hackneyed and obsequious pc bollox you find too often on here.
As I inferred from my last post, it's all a bit of an act anyway (if you ask me).
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:25 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
As I inferred from my last post, it's all a bit of an act anyway (if you ask me).
Most definitely, but still.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

northerndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nicenortherndave is just really nice

Made me laugh though, and just wait till he starts driving...
Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:51 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I had quite a good argument at Metro today (a shop I hate) with someone who thought it was ok to take 25 items through the express line. Got called an effing asshole and the guy threatened to hit me. Then his OH told me to have a miserable life. Of course everyone else in the line acted all cradle and pretended nothing was happening.

Never had this in Waitrose. Quite entertaining.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:39 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Er, avoid the Danforth? Greeks are not great at curry. Try Coxwell and Gerrard instead, Barbecue Hut for north Indian, Madras Durbar for south.
You coming?

I think the place LondonMike mentioned was Coxwell and Gerrard.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:53 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I had quite a good argument at Metro today (a shop I hate) with someone who thought it was ok to take 25 items through the express line. Got called an effing asshole and the guy threatened to hit me. Then his OH told me to have a miserable life. Of course everyone else in the line acted all cradle and pretended nothing was happening.

Never had this in Waitrose. Quite entertaining.
Was it in a basket or did he have the audacity to wheel it through in a trolley?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

i think some of you need to jump off your high horse - he clearly has provided his opinion on what he see's of toronto thus far. just because he is a young punk that has come over on a bunac to shag the shit outta some local floozies doesnt mean his opinion is worthless.

there are plenty of younger fork here looking for a genuine opinion in the eyes of people sub 30 years of age who are here for a fun, party life.

to those of you who are in it for the longer haul, career focused, have children then you'll think his comments are unjust but the reality is that everyone see's cities differently - particularly based on different circumstances and probably more importantly, budget.

the big t.o aint all that !
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:04 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quality troll Sephiroth is and also a bit of a nerd judging by his screen-name (FF?).

Oh yeah and don't bother with Vancouver it's proper shit. Whistler is worth a visit though.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:58 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
You coming?
Depending on the day...
Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:43 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Depending on the day...
OK. I'll get you added to the loop. It'll be this evening as I am off Zip Lining!!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sephiroth
You don't want to waste your time editing my posts but you'll post 23,000 time on an internet forum.

Seem to me pal like I'm doing you a favour and offering you a chance to occupy your time.
Given that you have been here before, that's a bit 'rich', isn't it? Seems you have wasted Sue's time by leaving in a huff and making her disable your account, then rejoining after such a short time.

You know the rules from your last time on the forum. So quit trolling, lose the offensive language, and hopefully you can stick around.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 26th 2011 at 8:36 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:23 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Given that you have been here before, that's a bit 'rich', isn't it? Seems you have wasted Sue's time by leaving in a huff and making her disable your account, then rejoining after such a short time.

You know the rules from your last time on the forum. So quit trolling, lose the offensive language, and hopefully you can stick around.
Name and shame....what was the previous incarnation ?

Don't worry, I know you won't tell, so no need to speak to me like a 5 year old.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:45 pm
Banned

Sephiroth is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol "name and shame". The internetz doesn't work like that buddy.

But yeah I hope that bitch sue dies off cancer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.