Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Resume question

Resume question

Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resume question

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Eh? I'm hardly going to call up the hiring committee and ask what they want me to put on my resume.
I meant posters on here that do the hiring
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:06 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I meant posters on here that do the hiring
Oh, gotcha now!
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:31 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? I'm hardly going to call up the hiring committee and ask what they want me to put on my resume.

In any case, it has been amended. I have assimilated my resume. Souv bullied me into it.
I did not bully you, you stupid little girl.

What sort of job are you after, anyway? Something that involves human contact?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:40 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

For me it would make no difference if it was on there or not, but then I know the regs, not all employers do. As a general rule, with little or no CDN experience, stating legally entitled to work in Canada on a cover letter should be sufficient, with several years CDN experience and a CDN address, its probably a bit redundant.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:48 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Aviator
For me it would make no difference if it was on there or not, but then I know the regs, not all employers do. As a general rule, with little or no CDN experience, stating legally entitled to work in Canada on a cover letter should be sufficient, with several years CDN experience and a CDN address, its probably a bit redundant.
I still love that. I believe A level physics outlines the differences in Canada compared to the rest of the world. It's like water spirals into the plug whole in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. Whilst in Canada you can only gain relevant work experience when actually in Canada. It's an immutable law of physics, apparently.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Souvy
I did not bully you, you stupid little girl.

What sort of job are you after, anyway? Something that involves human contact?
Originally Posted by The Aviator
Thank you so much, Aviator, for your helpful and insightful response.

Souv, shut yer gob. And never you mind what kind of job I am after, it may have been a hypothetical question, it may not. Human contact? Oh hell no, I don't much like people.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Souv, shut yer gob. And never you mind what kind of job I am after, it may have been a hypothetical question, it may not. Human contact? Oh hell no, I don't much like people.
This board will do that to you after a while.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:56 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_B
I still love that. I believe A level physics outlines the differences in Canada compared to the rest of the world. It's like water spirals into the plug whole in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. Whilst in Canada you can only gain relevant work experience when actually in Canada. It's an immutable law of physics, apparently.
I am forced to agree. The four years before I moved here I was a trade officer at the Cdn High Commission in London. I worked for Canada, worked with Canadians and spent most of my time advising Canadian companies. Did that have any weight when I got here? No.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
This board will do that to you after a while.
I agree, however I disliked the general public long before signing on here.

I am forced to agree. The four years before I moved here I was a trade officer at the Cdn High Commission in London. I worked for Canada, worked with Canadians and spent most of my time advising Canadian companies. Did that have any weight when I got here? No.
Some people just can't take a hint
Old Oct 14th 2010, 8:00 pm
Slob

You're going for a job with Revenue Canada, aren't you?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 8:07 pm

You're going for a job with Revenue Canada, aren't you?
What? With all them there sums? No.

Can't a person review their resume without arousing suspicion? I am 100% committed to my current employment. For the time being.