Research Trip

Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:11 am
Just Joined

The Duck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Research Trip

Hi
I am over in Toronto is Sept 08 on research trip and I am wondering if anybody can recommend places to live in the area. I am looking as far down as Cambridge and as far up as Ottawa, so I am open to start looking at anywhere to get feel for where I would like to settle. Good schools, close to a town so we are not so remote, etc… .
Any pointers would be great.

Many Thanks

Gary
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Research Trip

Originally Posted by The Duck
Hi
I am over in Toronto is Sept 08 on research trip and I am wondering if anybody can recommend places to live in the area. I am looking as far down as Cambridge and as far up as Ottawa, so I am open to start looking at anywhere to get feel for where I would like to settle. Good schools, close to a town so we are not so remote, etc… .
Any pointers would be great.

Many Thanks

Gary
Welcome the DUCK, this place is brilliant for info and am sure you will get loads.

Number, I am sure you have read about Canada, Ontario, Golden Horseshoe, GTA. try this for a start and know where you fit and narrow your search down, i think i have narrowed ti down for ya.

well personally, I like areas like.

Mississauga, Oakville, Vanghan, Pickering, Ajax and a few more.. Brampton too is not bad and these areas are all within an hour's drive to Toronto downtown at its maximum..

good luck,
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:06 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Research Trip

Hello, Gary, and welcome to the BE forum.

Do you already have authorization to live and work in Canada? If not, have you figured out which kind of visa you're going to apply for? Are you aware of what an important role labour shortages play in the obtaining of visas? Are you aware that, for people in many occupations, Southwestern Ontario is not the most effective destination, from the point of view of facilitating entry to Canada?

If you haven't sorted out all of those issues, I recommend that you read the Wiki section of this website. There's a link to it in my signature, below.
x