Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Replacing couterpart of uk license

Replacing couterpart of uk license

Old Oct 6th 2012, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Mrs Canuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacing couterpart of uk license

I have lost the counterpart of my uk license, which I need to exchange for an Ontario license. I do have the photo card. Does anyone know how to replace the counterpart, I do live in Canada, Thankyou
Old Oct 6th 2012, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replacing couterpart of uk license

do you still have a UK address?

basically you'll need to apply to the DVLA for a replacement, and it'll cost you £25....although this would be difficult without a UK address
Old Oct 6th 2012, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Rockyhill is an unknown quantity at this point

I exchanged my UK license in Ontario and they only wanted the photo card. I don't think the person knew about the paper part. I would try again at a different office.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rockyhill
I exchanged my UK license in Ontario and they only wanted the photo card. I don't think the person knew about the paper part. I would try again at a different office.
+1 when I did the same in 2009.
They only wanted the photocard - didn't even ask about the paper bit (which i didn't have either)
Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Canuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, I think I will try at a different office, Although I did get some info from the DVLA website and it said that you can ask for a Certifcate of Entitlement which I assume verify's your UK Licence.