Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Renting and then buying - What happens to schools?

Renting and then buying - What happens to schools?

Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Winterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond reputeWinterdiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renting and then buying - What happens to schools?

If we rent for a year and our kids go to school in this neighborhood, what happens if we buy a house outside the boundary of this school (but still within 10-15 min driving distance?) Do I have to move them to a new school ? This in in Halifax NS.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting and then buying - What happens to schools?

Originally Posted by Winterdiva
If we rent for a year and our kids go to school in this neighborhood, what happens if we buy a house outside the boundary of this school (but still within 10-15 min driving distance?) Do I have to move them to a new school ? This in in Halifax NS.
I googled the Halifax School Board

4.0 Students Changing Residence During the School Year 4.1 It is expected that students will transfer to their new neighbourhood school once they have re-located. 4.2 Parents/ guardians may request that the transfer be delayed until the end of the current school year. The principal may accept the student and confirm the decision in writing. 4.3 Parents/guardians may apply through the Out-of-Area process to remain at the school beyond the current school year.