Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Renting an apartment/House in GTA

Renting an apartment/House in GTA

Old Dec 19th 2008, 7:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting an apartment/House in GTA

Originally Posted by Maedros
)) Are we neighbours? Not sure about the name of this park nearby. It might well be. I'll let you know later
I live in the country now but spent most of my time in Canada living in the Beach. I always like the building on the south of Queen by the library, halfway into the park and so I wondered if it was that one. There are very often "Apartment for Rent" signs in the neighbourhood, it's more a walk up kind of place than an advertisement one.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Maedros is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
I live in the country now but spent most of my time in Canada living in the Beach. I always like the building on the south of Queen by the library, halfway into the park and so I wondered if it was that one. There are very often "Apartment for Rent" signs in the neighbourhood, it's more a walk up kind of place than an advertisement one.
Great. No, not that one, a few streets behind, but otherwise a very similar apartment block. Hope you've enjoyed your time in the Beach as much as I'm enjoying it
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Great. No, not that one, a few streets behind, but otherwise a very similar apartment block. Hope you've enjoyed your time in the Beach as much as I'm enjoying it
Oh yes, very much so, even the cliques.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Some pictures from the area where I live in Toronto

Last edited by Maedros; Dec 20th 2008 at 7:34 am.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

They are lovley pictures of where you are living. As I sit looking at them I am praying that this is me, this time next year. The apartment block looks nice. Keep us updated the photos make it all the more real.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Nice photos :-)

OMG, they have First buses too!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

I lived in the Beaches for 6 months and i LOVED it!

Quite expensive but has the lifestyle that you dream of.... I am jealous!

Hope to be back in 2 years
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:20 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adele

It may have the shape and style of a First Bus but it is actually a school bus. All school buses in North America are yellow in colour.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brianscottie43
It may have the shape and style of a First Bus but it is actually a school bus. All school buses in North America are yellow in colour.
Yes, I'm aware that it's a school bus - I was just surprised to see the same First logo which also adorns buses and trains here!
Old Dec 25th 2008, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

snugglefuzzles is an unknown quantity at this point

Moved to Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Spending the first little while in a hotel.

Looked at 4 or 5 modern condos. 2 of them weren't quite finished yet, they were that new. Ended up choosing one on a very high floor with an absolutely stunning view of downtown.

The leasing agent took a copy of my letter of employment, scratched out the bit in the contract about needing a credit check and that was that. Gave her a cashiers check for first and last month's rent and she was happy.

(I get paid well, but not ridiculously so, you know?)

None of the leasing agents I spoke to seemed concerned about my lack of Canadian credit history, etc.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adele

First Student Canada school buses are run by a Canadian part of the same company that owns First bus companies in the UK.

FirstGroup

I'm guessing that if you get a job with the UK side you could conceivably do an intra-company transfer to Canada at some point in the future if you meet the rules.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snugglefuzzles
Moved to Toronto a couple of weeks ago. Spending the first little while in a hotel.

Looked at 4 or 5 modern condos. 2 of them weren't quite finished yet, they were that new. Ended up choosing one on a very high floor with an absolutely stunning view of downtown.

The leasing agent took a copy of my letter of employment, scratched out the bit in the contract about needing a credit check and that was that. Gave her a cashiers check for first and last month's rent and she was happy.

(I get paid well, but not ridiculously so, you know?)

None of the leasing agents I spoke to seemed concerned about my lack of Canadian credit history, etc.
Nice to know that. Out of curiosity, and not wishing to be indiscrete, how much will you be paying per month there. Is it a nice area of town? Regards
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

navk13 is an unknown quantity at this point

huh
Old Dec 28th 2008, 2:37 am
Just Joined

snugglefuzzles is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to know that. Out of curiosity, and not wishing to be indiscrete, how much will you be paying per month there.
$1800/month