Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rental apartment block downtown Vancouver

Rental apartment block downtown Vancouver

Old Jul 22nd 2012, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rental apartment block downtown Vancouver

We're looking for purpose-built rental apartment blocks/towers within walking distance of downtown. My partner looked at Bayview in Coal Harbour. Could you please give me names of similar places?
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:23 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental apartment block downtown Vancouver

Originally Posted by foreigngirl
We're looking for purpose-built rental apartment blocks/towers within walking distance of downtown. My partner looked at Bayview in Coal Harbour. Could you please give me names of similar places?
There are hundreds of them. Go on Craigslist and search Vancouver for rentals
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

badab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant future

Try padmapper .com
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks. I've found a few. Has anyone got experience of living in one of these? What's it like?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:05 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks. I've found a few. Has anyone got experience of living in one of these? What's it like?
It's just an apartment building the same as any other. The main difference i see is they can be more dated than owner rented buildings. Some of them are like Council Flats.

Why are you specifically choosing them?

Just go on padmapper of craigslist and check out any rental that suits you. Makes no difference really.

These are all rentals only apartments. Well, the buildings are owned by three brothers who rent every one out. Nice area and a short walk to Downtown from the South side of False Creek. They're all seconds away from the seawall.

http://www.rentvancouver.com/
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

el-richo, are you telling me that buildings, such as The Ritz, The Cube, Bayview, Lions Building (actually most towers along Melville, West Georgia Street and Jervis) are like council flats?

We're looking at these as we'd like to live as close to downtown as possible. They also sound convenient, with gyms, pools, saunas, etc. included. And most importantly to me, they look very secure.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:54 pm
Beep

el-richo, are you telling me that buildings, such as The Ritz, The Cube, Bayview, Lions Building (actually most towers along Melville, West Georgia Street and Jervis) are like council flats?

We're looking at these as we'd like to live as close to downtown as possible. They also sound convenient, with gyms, pools, saunas, etc. included. And most importantly to me, they look very secure.
No i said "some of them are like..." such as some found in Kitsilano, West End, South Fasle Creek, Nr Granville Island, etc. The ones you mention are quite new. Many of them aren't.

I'm just not sure why you specifically want to find wholly rental apartment blocks. Most buildings allow owner rentals. Just search padmapper or craigslist to find them all.

And you're welcome for providing you with a fully rental building on the seawall within walking distance to downtown, Broadway, Cambie, good transit, etc, in a lovely area.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:16 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

You can over-analyze things from a distance. The best way is to get here, book into a reasonably priced motel (or vacation home), and go and view the places that are available for rent. You will never work out if you will be happy living somewhere until you have seen it with your own eyes.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

el_richo, yes, thank you for providing that links. The prices compare to buildings I had mentioned, but those have gyms, pools, etc.

JonboyE - my partner is currently in Vancouver and has already viewed a few. Just wanted to provide him with addresses of a few more. thanks.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:52 pm
Beep

el_richo, yes, thank you for providing that links. The prices compare to buildings I had mentioned, but those have gyms, pools, etc.

JonboyE - my partner is currently in Vancouver and has already viewed a few. Just wanted to provide him with addresses of a few more. thanks.
You do realize that most of the buildings you mention above are not purpose built rental buildings? They're freehold owned and will probably have a strata approved % allowed for rental.

Are you sure those in coal harbour are going for $1100 a month? Seems very cheap.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:57 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
You do realize that most of the buildings you mention above are not purpose built rental buildings? They're freehold owned and will probably have a strata approved % allowed for rental.

Are you sure those in coal harbour are going for $1100 a month? Seems very cheap.
Yes, that is cheap.

I used to live in coal harbour and I was paying a lot more than that. It was a nice place though - panoramic views from english bay across stanley park and to the north shore mountains.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 9:05 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Yes, that is cheap.

I used to live in coal harbour and I was paying a lot more than that. It was a nice place though - panoramic views from english bay across stanley park and to the north shore mountains.
Yep it's nice.

I think the OP is confusing owner/rentals and Co-op for low income families.

I'd be surprised even if a 1 bed was going for that price in the areas they mention.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:06 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Bayshore outlook building in coal harbour - thats 100% rental managed. I lived there in 2008, paid around $1,200 for a 750sq ft 1 bedroom. Can't say I came accross any other 100% rental managed buildings while living in downtown Vancouver...
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep it's nice.

I think the OP is confusing owner/rentals and Co-op for low income families.

I'd be surprised even if a 1 bed was going for that price in the areas they mention.
1 bed in Bayview with storage and solarium for $1450.

Sorry, I think I can see the difference between a luxury apartment and something for low income families.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

No, they are going for around $1500. $400 more is nothing when you compare the standard of these buildings.

By the way, the site you mentioned doesn't show the interior of any of the flats. Usually this means that there's nothing to write home about. Loads of photos of the surroundings, but none of the interior.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.