Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Renewing a British Passport from Canada

Renewing a British Passport from Canada

Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Default Renewing a British Passport from Canada

Looking for a little help...just been on the government website and the address to send my renewal application appears to be in the UK...

Her Majesty's Passport Office
OVS-D
Millburngate House
Millburngate
Durham
DH97 1PA

The last time I renewed my British passports, I sent them to Washington, USA.

So do I send the applications to the above address now - has anyone done this?

Also my daughter is now 17 so I have to apply for her first adult passport - would that still be classed as a renewal?

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing a British Passport from Canada

That's correct. Residents of Canada send their passport applications to Durham. The Regional Passport Processing Centre in Washington has now closed.

If your daughter has held a valid British passport previously in the last five years then it'll be considered a renewal.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That's correct. Residents of Canada send their passport applications to Durham. The Regional Passport Processing Centre in Washington has now closed.

If your daughter has held a valid British passport previously in the last five years then it'll be considered a renewal.
Thank you! Guess I will send them by recorded delivery just to be safe.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Originally Posted by bombards
Thank you! Guess I will send them by recorded delivery just to be safe.
I have just applied for a new passport, the first time from Canada. That was the address it went to. I haven't received my new one yet, but they have charged my credit card for payment, so I guess its all okay.

I sent mine recorded delivery, just under $20, and took about a week to arrive.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:28 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I just renewed my husbands earlier this month, I sent it on 3 business day delivery which cost about $50, I could track all the way, and see it signed for on line. It arrived on Monday 4th Novemeber, the new one was with us on Tuesday 12th November, so it was very quick. I chose to send it on the express/ track as I really worry about passports getting lost/stolen, so the $50 was well worth it for peace of mind for me.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

My husband (British) tells me that NYC does all North American British passports.... I am applying for new... good to know about renewals in Durham.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 12:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lilipuddlian
My husband (British) tells me that NYC does all North American British passports.... I am applying for new... good to know about renewals in Durham.
You were told wrong. Application needs to go to Durham.