Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Renewed UK Passport from Canada

Renewed UK Passport from Canada

Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewed UK Passport from Canada

Hey all,

Just thought I'd share my recent headache of renewing my UK 10 year passport.

It was no headache! There, was not expecting that eh!!

Okay, printed & filled out the forms from the web site, got my pictures, tootled off to the local UPS store, this was 29th December.

The Puralator man just came with my brand new, shiney UK 10 year passport. no issue, door to door, all done in 22 working days.

Yep, read that 22 days, amazing!

Good work passport people.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:55 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewed UK Passport from Canada

Originally Posted by the_tones_guy
Okay, printed & filled out the forms from the web site, got my pictures, tootled off to the local UPS store, this was 29th December.

The Puralator man just came with my brand new, shiney UK 10 year passport. no issue, door to door, all done in 22 working days.

I applied to replace mine in Dec (due to a typo in the previously issued one). It arrived last week, so took 7 weeks in total (from Washington too).

Last edited by R I C H; Feb 1st 2010 at 5:11 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:09 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, Was that renewal via the North American service in Washington DC, or did you send back to the UK?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Chris, Was that renewal via the North American service in Washington DC, or did you send back to the UK?
Yep Washington, I'm absolutely amazed!!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:27 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear, we have to send two of the three passports this year and the 3rd next year, I hate filling in forms but it's gotta be done!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

I'm getting frustrated, posted my application to Washington on Jan 12th, nothing yet its been 5 weeks and counting. The consulate posted on their website that they closed for a few days last week due to the bad weather. I hope it comes soon, anyone else waiting? I want to fly back to the UK at the beginning of March
Old Feb 18th 2010, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

canadabunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you get your photos done? I'm in the process of getting mine done for my daughter. I've had the pics done at Walmart, but the paper they use has writing on the back (manufacturers details etc printed on the paper they use for the photos). Do you think this will be o.k? Also we've lived her for less than the 2 years, so I'm not sure if this will be o.k? Any advice is welcomed - thanks
Old Feb 18th 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadabunny
Where did you get your photos done? I'm in the process of getting mine done for my daughter. I've had the pics done at Walmart, but the paper they use has writing on the back (manufacturers details etc printed on the paper they use for the photos). Do you think this will be o.k? Also we've lived her for less than the 2 years, so I'm not sure if this will be o.k? Any advice is welcomed - thanks
I would get you pictures done again the paper the photos are on should be plain with no writing, best not to take the chance of having your application delayed. If there's a Blacks near you I would go there.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

LCinToronto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all my passport arrived today, after me ranting the other day. Took about 5 1/2 weeks in total from the send date.
You can send photos not on plain photo paper - I did! see consulate website *Please note that when you are making an application for a British passport overseas, the background of the passport photograph required can be white. The photographs also do not have to be printed on plain white photographic paper. This differs from IPS requirements, but otherwise the information in the link is correct.* taken from http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/applying-for-passport-usa/

I got my passport photos taken at Sears and they had something on the back its impossible to find one in Canada with nothing printed on the back! Goodluck with yours!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

canadabunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much. I DID read that too, but when you also read that you don't get a refund if its wrong you just need to clarify lol! Its always better if someone else has done it before just so you know its safe. I will go ahead and give it a shot. Thanks again....
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Renewal time for me next year as well
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

We sent the kids passports end of Jan. We had to phone the helpline in London, at great expense, to get them to pull them from the queue as we have to claim PR before the 25th March. We were given a ref number and the assurance that we would be contacted within 72hrs to inform us where our passpotrs were at. To date we are still waiting for them to contact us. In the mean time the money has been taken from visa today so heres hoping. Not that that means owt cos they still sting you the full amount enen if they don't renew