Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

To Renew or Not Yet?

Wikiposts

To Renew or Not Yet?

Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:11 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default To Renew or Not Yet?

My passport expires at the end of April 2010 and I am in 2 minds as to renew it now or later on in the year. I'm currently in the PR process and hopefully should be getting my passport request around August and then in October I am going on a 6 week business trip that will include North America, the EU, South Africa & the UAE.

I had initially thought I'd send my passport of for renewal now and get it back before August and my overseas trips but now I'm thinking I'll wait until everything is done and dusted but I am unsure about the passport requirements for SA and the UAE.

Should I renew now or wait?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Renew or Not Yet?

Originally Posted by Brownstar
My passport expires at the end of April 2010 and I am in 2 minds as to renew it now or later on in the year. I'm currently in the PR process and hopefully should be getting my passport request around August and then in October I am going on a 6 week business trip that will include North America, the EU, South Africa & the UAE.

I had initially thought I'd send my passport of for renewal now and get it back before August and my overseas trips but now I'm thinking I'll wait until everything is done and dusted but I am unsure about the passport requirements for SA and the UAE.

Should I renew now or wait?
I would renew it sometime soon. Don't forget that, if your current passport has less that 9 months to go before it expires, the new one will be for 10 years plus whatever has not yet expired.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:29 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, checked out the FCO site and I need 6 months minimum on my passport to get into the UAE
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

I would renew now as you'll also need a long length on your passport for when the PR visa comes through. OH got his done and back in about 2 weeks so it's a lot quicker than it used to be!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

I've sent mine off to be renewed and the current wait time is around 5 to 6 weeks. After 3 weeks the embassy deducted the fee from my credit card and it would would appear it takes another 2 weeks after they take the money before you get them back. Keeping my I get them back soon. Sam
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:14 am
Banned

Fed Ex have just picked it up so we'll see how long it takes...........just hope I don't get any calls to travel overseas in the mean time