Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

renew childrens uk passport

renew childrens uk passport

Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of
Default renew childrens uk passport

hi

could some one tell us whats the best way to renew our childs uk passport, is there anywhere here in nova scotia, or do we down load forms and send it all off to the uk

many thanks
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renew childrens uk passport

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams View Post
hi

could some one tell us whats the best way to renew our childs uk passport, is there anywhere here in nova scotia, or do we down load forms and send it all off to the uk

many thanks
You need to apply to the British embassy in Washington http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...passport-forms
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:45 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I recently did this, took about 3 weeks to come back.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

great thanks
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia View Post
You need to apply to the British embassy in Washington http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...passport-forms
sorry but why washington
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:28 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be Ottawa but the US government doesn't trust the canadiand with such an important task now.

Quite why they should have a say in issuing British passports I don't know.

Tbh I can't quite remember the exact details but it did have something to do with the Anericans not being assured of the security of the process used in Canada and seeing as the passports might be used to cross the US border they felt they had the right to insist that they were processed in the US
Old Jun 27th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

that makes sense now, many thanks, we were thinking we had to do this through the uk route

many many thanks
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
It used to be Ottawa but the US government doesn't trust the canadiand with such an important task now.

Quite why they should have a say in issuing British passports I don't know.
This is completely wrong.

The Canadians have had no involvement with issuing British passports. The Foreign Office decided to centralise all British passport issuance for the Americas in the British Embassy in Washington DC.

Although realistically, it's unlikely the passport service will improve unless the Home Office take it over and print everything in the UK. This is what other countries have done - embassies should normally not issue anything other than emergency travel documents.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:17 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Ok maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read something about political pressure from the us with regards to passports from various nations , especially those from visa waiver countries
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Ok maybe I'm wrong but I thought I read something about political pressure from the us with regards to passports from various nations , especially those from visa waiver countries
Security standards for passports in general are higher. In the past, standards at overseas embassies of many countries were relatively lax (handwritten passports instead of machine readable).

As a result many countries have consolidated passport issuing into larger offices. The only overseas Australian missions that issue full passports are London and Washington DC, for example. The USA has brought all passport issues for overseas Americans into one office in New Hampshire.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:58 am
Professional Cat herder

I do remember a friend of mine having issues travelling with his brittish passport that was issued by the consulate in Geneva

It wasn't machine readable as I recall , just had a blank space where the code should have been
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:54 am
JAJ
Retired

I do remember a friend of mine having issues travelling with his brittish passport that was issued by the consulate in Geneva

It wasn't machine readable as I recall , just had a blank space where the code should have been
Non-machine readable = you need a U.S. tourist visa. Same goes for children on parent's passports.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:44 am
Henry Bear

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams View Post
hi

many thanks
I sent my kids off about three weeks ago - still not got it back, I'm not expecting it anytime soon. The link that has been given has all the info required.