Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Removing Errors on a credit report.

Removing Errors on a credit report.

Old Sep 16th 2019, 7:31 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removing Errors on a credit report.

Quick back story..i have been in dispute with Koodo/Collection agency since i left Canada originally in April 2014..i closed the account and settled it when i left as i did with my utilities etc as you do... about a year later i started getting emails from a collection agency trying to collect money on the account..even though it was cleared an closed...now 5 years later the same collection agency is still chasing payment and hassling me on a weekly basis to which i never respond..also i note on my credit report not only is the collection on there..but it still has the original Koodo account as open and accruing missed payments every month..obviously this is dragging down my credit score hugely..my understanding is once Koodo had sold this 'debt' to a collection agency the account is closed and written off their end, therefore it shouldn't be an open account on my credit report right? so why does it keep appearing and why does the collection agency keep adding the same collection to my account like its a new one every six months or so?? anyone had a similar experience and how do i get it removed?
Old Sep 16th 2019, 7:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removing Errors on a credit report.

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Quick back story..i have been in dispute with Koodo/Collection agency since i left Canada originally in April 2014..i closed the account and settled it when i left as i did with my utilities etc as you do... about a year later i started getting emails from a collection agency trying to collect money on the account..even though it was cleared an closed...now 5 years later the same collection agency is still chasing payment and hassling me on a weekly basis to which i never respond..also i note on my credit report not only is the collection on there..but it still has the original Koodo account as open and accruing missed payments every month..obviously this is dragging down my credit score hugely..my understanding is once Koodo had sold this 'debt' to a collection agency the account is closed and written off their end, therefore it shouldn't be an open account on my credit report right? so why does it keep appearing and why does the collection agency keep adding the same collection to my account like its a new one every six months or so?? anyone had a similar experience and how do i get it removed?
There's the problem.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 9:06 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
There's the problem.
advice is never speak to a collection agency..my contract is with Koodo not with them..also never admit liability either..i dont owe Koodo anything.. and i certainly owe nothing to a collection agency either legally
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
advice is never speak to a collection agency..my contract is with Koodo not with them..also never admit liability either..i dont owe Koodo anything.. and i certainly owe nothing to a collection agency either legally
The collection agency has, almost certainly, bought the debt off the company, so you do now owe the collection agency.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

You should contact Koodo and get a letter stating that the account was settled, then forward this to the collection agency, then request a statement from the collection agency that the account is settled. You can then send this to the credit bureaus (equifax and trans union).

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Sep 16th 2019 at 10:37 pm.