Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Removal Companies in to Quote

Removal Companies in to Quote

Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:28 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Removal Companies in to Quote

I had the following 3 companies in today

GB Liners
Robinsons
Foxs

The longest time spent with me was GB liners and the shortest time spent with me was Foxs. The most professional company was GB Liners and the least professional company was Foxs.

Even before I get the quotes GB Liners came tops with information, professionalism, consideration, flexibility and thought into protecting your processions.

Robinson was a close 2nd and Foxs were last. Foxs didn't even provide all the information, show information on how they pack and he was in and out like a flash as if he somewhere else to go. He did provide one bit information that the other removal companies hadn't consider when I move. ( Thanks Foxs)

Overall at this GB liners all the way.

K
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice
Default Re: Removal Companies in to Quote

Forgive the intrusion, but can you give a rough idea of the quotes? We're looking to move our very small 2 bedroom flat - we're not taking a great deal of actual furniture but I'm a librarian and the other half in a photographer and it's amazing how much, well, junk (necessary junk!) we have between us. I'm trying to roughly budget before we get the movers in to assess. Cheers!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KJM
I had the following 3 companies in today

GB Liners
Robinsons
Foxs

The longest time spent with me was GB liners and the shortest time spent with me was Foxs. The most professional company was GB Liners and the least professional company was Foxs.

Even before I get the quotes GB Liners came tops with information, professionalism, consideration, flexibility and thought into protecting your processions.

Robinson was a close 2nd and Foxs were last. Foxs didn't even provide all the information, show information on how they pack and he was in and out like a flash as if he somewhere else to go. He did provide one bit information that the other removal companies hadn't consider when I move. ( Thanks Foxs)

Overall at this GB liners all the way.

K
We used Fox. They were by far the cheapest, and whilstthe guy who came to measure up wasn't good, the service from Head Office was excellent, and the overall move went without a problem. Don't dismiss them quite yet - I'd certainly use them again
Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:49 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by treehavn
Forgive the intrusion, but can you give a rough idea of the quotes? We're looking to move our very small 2 bedroom flat - we're not taking a great deal of actual furniture but I'm a librarian and the other half in a photographer and it's amazing how much, well, junk (necessary junk!) we have between us. I'm trying to roughly budget before we get the movers in to assess. Cheers!
No quotes to date yet but I will let you know.

K
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi KJM

I think I mentioned this before? However the best movers are the ones that deliver the goods at the other end on time and in working order. I am sure other posters on here will give both good and bad views of companies.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:05 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Interestingly I have quotes lined up with

White's
Robinsons
PSS

To date have had White's and Robinsons round. Of the two it is Robinsons so far (still to get the actual quotes). Bloke from White's spent most of his time boasting about the celebs he had moved over the years!

PSS are due on Friday - will let you know what we decide.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Ross Family

White's
Robinsons
PSS

To date have had White's and Robinsons round. Of the two it is Robinsons so far (still to get the actual quotes). Bloke from White's spent most of his time boasting about the celebs he had moved over the years!

Whites - he didnt mention me did he I have used whites on number of occassions. I have had one bad move with them which meant I spent time in a hotel. In general they are quite good.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough

Just a word of caution. Do not use, to even get a quote from "The Moving Partnership".

They moved us (well I say moved more like threw our stuff over to Canada) and were awul, worse than awful, attrotious, utterly abismal! :curse:

'Tis a very long story and has theft, damage to property, avoidable damage to
belongings and just the most terrible Customer Service. so enough said.

Pay the money for a decent company to move you.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

White's
Robinsons
PSS

That must be the same White's guy we had around 18 months ago. When will he learn?!

E&J
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:38 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Hi Eamonn

Did he remind you a bit of the 'Dickinson' bloke from Flog it? Same perma tan and shiny shoes.

Got his quote yesterday - £4,330 - been through with fine toothcomb and he has missed several items of furniture off his list. Not a good start.

Robinsons were better (I know you didn't rate them) but let's see what they quote and of course PSS are due on Friday.

Any snow yet? The UK had a bit yesterday!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:41 pm
Permanent Resident

Just remembered - sorry.

Both to date have told us NO FOODSTUFF OF ANY KIND although I do believe others have managed to get stuff packed.

Daughter can't live without Marmite.

Did anyone get a company to take their tins etc?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Just remembered - sorry.

Both to date have told us NO FOODSTUFF OF ANY KIND although I do believe others have managed to get stuff packed.

Daughter can't live without Marmite.

Did anyone get a company to take their tins etc?
Perhaps the food thing is a question of tolerance of risk re it being discovered.

Marmite...got some jars (small ones mind) in our pantry...they sell it here.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Eamonn

Did he remind you a bit of the 'Dickinson' bloke from Flog it? Same perma tan and shiny shoes.

Got his quote yesterday - £4,330 - been through with fine toothcomb and he has missed several items of furniture off his list. Not a good start.

Robinsons were better (I know you didn't rate them) but let's see what they quote and of course PSS are due on Friday.

Any snow yet? The UK had a bit yesterday!!!!!
OMG!...is he really just a shop window dummy in a suit (and shiny shoes) with a constantly repeating digital recording! Yes..re Dickinson.

Robinsons - we wouldn't say "don't use them" as our experience wasn't so bad that it would warrant such a judgement. They got the job done with a few hiccups along the way. They needed careful watching but we're not convinced Fox or even White's (despite the rep) would have done have a much better or worse job. It just could have been better.

No snow yet and temps holding up very nicely thus far. We're finding it mildly amusing that it snowed in the UK first. Global economic turmoil now spreading to climatic aberrations!

E&J.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough

I didn't bring any food (though I had a box packed ready to go) and buoght marmite in Safeway which was cheaper than the 'UK' shop in St. Albert, edmonton.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by treehavn
If you are only shipping over a small amount it might be wise to use groupage that is you dont want a full container.
We ended up using Crown and they were brilliant, packers were most efficient. Cost was just over 2000 pounds with insurance.
We landed on 29th aug and our stuff should be with us in about a weeks time, so going groupage you are taking a chance as to when it will get shipped out. Still it will be like Christmas when we get our stuff as forgotten what we have packed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.